Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thanks everyone, some really great feedback here! minimerlin, did replacing the transfer belt unit fix the problem for you then?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar
    Replacing the transfer belt should solvet it. We have had this happening on C350's and C450's. I think the problem is that when you have a Finsher installed, the customer only push on the front side of the waste toner box when they install an new one.

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C350 dumping waste toner?

I have seen this many times, mainly if there is a finisher on the machine. Because there is so little room between the finisher and the machine the customer pulls the waste box towards the front on the machine as they remove it instead of pulling it straight out. This action causes the little plastic part that opens the shutter to snap off at the end, so when the new toner box is inserted the shutter does not open all the way and toner spews over the opening rather than into it. If the life on the transfer belt is still young tie the shutter open, your problem will be solved when the belt is replaced. Instruct your customers how important it is to remove and insert the box squarely. Or have your techs regularly check the box on each call and replace it if it is near full.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Senior Tech 100+ Posts buster68's Avatar
    It used to happen all the time with us...customers being sloppy when installing the waste box, esp. on the back where the actual waste is dumped. It actually screws up the image xfer cleaning area so you have to replace it to fix the problem. We've stopped sending our customers the waste bottles and now install them ourselves. Its a lot cheaper than replacing the image xfer unit everytime.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ok everyone, well I have replaced the image transfer belt and the waste toner bottle (and instructed the user NOT too change it themselves!)

here's hoping!

thanks again for all the feedback. Love this place.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C350 dumping waste toner?

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawTorn View Post
    Thanks everyone, some really great feedback here! minimerlin, did replacing the transfer belt unit fix the problem for you then?
    I used an auger from a used unit as I did not havea new unit to hand, normally I get away with just straightening the bent nozzle end.