Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

224e with error c2564 (tcr 0.0%)

Hi,

I am dealing with a bizhub 224e showing c2564 over and over.

It has 170k. Started to print with lower density. Another tech went and saw the drum with a scratch and low developer so he assume the drum was the cause. He came back day later with dv512k and dr512k, both oem and new, that works for a couple of days an then came the same problem. Then came back with the hoper section and toner but the machine start to show the c2564 code and 0.0% tcr ratio. Manual add toner wont change a bit that tcr ratio.

Now the machine is in the shop and I have to deal with it.

allready swap another hoper, the FRB, dv unit and dr unit. All this taken of a working machine.

changed new chips for Dv and Dr units with out succes. uploaded firmware also with out succes.

machine starts, do the warming and then came with the code. If I run the reset some times I can even print the counter or the test and then get the code. Besides the light grey color the test and counters looks great.

With costumer the machine was on oem toner, the second toner was katun (due the lack of oem). This katun is almost full so I dont think is toner problem.

Searched in the forum and only two treads with this code, but not the same issue. Searched also for 0.0 tcr on the forum but after several read I dont see any tread that could help (maybe because I was all day with the same machine)

Only step I have not performed as stated on the manual is PRCB. Does any one of you guys has ever come with something like this?

thanks in advance

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: 224e with error c2564 (tcr 0.0%)

Weird replacing the drum & dev didn't solve the issue. That's all you usually need to do.

Keep in mind ANY over life consumable can affect ANY other color.

What are the other drum life counters? Other dev units & level history in state confirm?

Not sure if your post said you tried swapping HVPS but would look there as well.

Doubt it's the PRCB. Like when you call hotline they always blame the main board but rarely is bad!

Good luck and let us know what it was.
    Last edited by copyman; 02-25-2022 at 12:59 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

Does it look like its pulled dev. These can pull dev in 20 seconds. Could be bad hv if so. Chk the little holes in the back where dev plugs in. If clogged it can pull dev

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Weird replacing the drum & dev didn't solve the issue. That's all you usually need to do.

What are the other drum life counters? Other dev units & level history in state confirm?

Not sure if your post said you tried swapping HVPS but would look there as well.

Doubt it's the PRCB. Like when you call hotline they always blame the main board but rarely is bad!

Good luck and let us know what it was.
    Yes! Changing dev and drum and uploading firmware usualy do the trick. Its weird specially because the low meter.

this is a b/w machine so no other counters. I also reset counter for fuser and transfer with the same result.

Im going to swap HVPS on monday.

Woxner
    Does it look like its pulled dev. These can pull dev in 20 seconds. Could be bad hv if so. Chk the little holes in the back where dev plugs in. If clogged it can pull dev
    ok I will also tray that on monday. But I guess that in the 3 devs unit I tried at least one should show me a 0.01% or any other fraction number. Not the plain 0.0%. Thats why confuses me. like its not reading the dev at all but if I look at the dev life shows 100%. Thats why in the begining swaped the FRB

i will keep you informed on monday…. Thanks

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sanvicente View Post
    Hi,

I am dealing with a bizhub 224e showing c2564 over and over.

It has 170k. Started to print with lower density. Another tech went and saw the drum with a scratch and low developer so he assume the drum was the cause. He came back day later with dv512k and dr512k, both oem and new, that works for a couple of days an then came the same problem. Then came back with the hoper section and toner but the machine start to show the c2564 code and 0.0% tcr ratio. Manual add toner wont change a bit that tcr ratio.

Now the machine is in the shop and I have to deal with it.

allready swap another hoper, the FRB, dv unit and dr unit. All this taken of a working machine.

changed new chips for Dv and Dr units with out succes. uploaded firmware also with out succes.

machine starts, do the warming and then came with the code. If I run the reset some times I can even print the counter or the test and then get the code. Besides the light grey color the test and counters looks great.

With costumer the machine was on oem toner, the second toner was katun (due the lack of oem). This katun is almost full so I dont think is toner problem.

Searched in the forum and only two treads with this code, but not the same issue. Searched also for 0.0 tcr on the forum but after several read I dont see any tread that could help (maybe because I was all day with the same machine)

Only step I have not performed as stated on the manual is PRCB. Does any one of you guys has ever come with something like this?

thanks in advance
    For some reason machine is not reading correct TCR level. New dev unit and another FSB leave only bad PRCB I would think.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

And with the BH-C-284e/364e series "over life" is defined as what?
    Resetting once developing units and resetting once drum units is already causing over life trouble?

Not knowing this scares the crap out of me because we have to do that from time to time for cost cutting reasons.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Senior Tech 100+ Posts drowranger's Avatar

Hi . I would check if toner is transporting to the dev first. There is a common issue with 4 series with white bushing on the hopper gets contaminated and toner does not flow to the dev unit.
    Please reefer to this post for more info and order the part if required.

C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

Good luck!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    And with the BH-C-284e/364e series "over life" is defined as what?
    Resetting once developing units and resetting once drum units is already causing over life trouble?

Not knowing this scares the crap out of me because we have to do that from time to time for cost cutting reasons.

Hans
    It is cheaper to swap all drums before installing a used machine than have later trouble. You never know if any unit was swaped from another machine with much more clicks. Drums for 4 series are not expensive. Only drums - without noice - for 8 series are expensiver. I swap only drums, blades and developer - instead of the whole units, except the black developer units.

Had same kind of iisue on c454e Magenta unit, the TCR was showing 0.0% percent no matter how much toner is added. The problem was bad toner. I had in my stock an older C250 Magenta unit, used its developer to check and all was fine. If your toner feeding system is OK, I'm sure toner is the culprit.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zesti View Post
    Had same kind of iisue on c454e Magenta unit, the TCR was showing 0.0% percent no matter how much toner is added. The problem was bad toner. I had in my stock an older C250 Magenta unit, used its developer to check and all was fine. If your toner feeding system is OK, I'm sure toner is the culprit.
    Interesting I have similar issue. What was magenta CQ in your case? Mine is perfect although M TCR is 0,0%

Author, apologize for hijacking your thread.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.