Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: CE Password Recovery

Quote Originally Posted by tulintron View Post
    I made myself available because I know how to solve your problem. I don't think it's wrong to charge the price of a technical visit. Wrong or unfair is I throwing all my knowledge on a public forum.We helped each other. Only that. We don't make public what we know.

We saw in this post that Konica's direct technicians
    Minolta don't know either and I showed you by video that with 20 seconds I would do it.

If you think the price is expensive, put your public knowledge to us. We will be most grateful.

Cloning an NVRam I don't do it because in any corner of the world, being a Konica authorized technician or not, it's a CRIME.
    This is beyond my principles.

Good luck, "colleague"
    That is because trained dealer and direct techs can call in and request a code to reset the CE password, not because "they don't know either"..I find it hard to believe that all the engineers in KM have not found your solution, and my guess is your procedure is harmful, or if it's a way to get around a customer imposed security feature that should not be disabled. E

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lillingtonnc View Post
    try this, works on most kmbs. i have been turning off 9272s like crazy. enter service mode, IMMEDIATELY press stop 0 clear, should get menu where you can turn ce authentication OFF
    This is unrelated. We all know how to turn off CE password it's in manual. But to do that first of all one should know CE password. I never change default CE password although in some situations that may help prevent unauthorized access either by smarta** user or by competition.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Maybe I can help you with my modest knowledge.
    The procedure is shown for the bizhub pro 951 and is the same for the c6000 c7000.
    You must be a skilled technician and confident in yourself, otherwise you will burn the machine.
    1. Remove the back cover of the machine.
    2. remove the plate shown in the picture.
    3.unload nvram
    4. with the parts thus removed, enter the service mode
    Hold down the bediener-zahler button and turn on the main switch
    5. when you have entered the service menu, carefully return the nvram to the bearings.
    6. press stop - 0 - C and turn off passford
    I can send you videos of me doing it
    Last edited by Zoran; 04-13-2023 at 10:06 PM.

This reset method keeps all settings, serial number of the machine and dials.
    Another way is to contact a Konica minolta service engineer who has access to the database.
    Namely, each machine has its own security code, which is linked to the serial number of the machine, through which you can enter the service menu and turn off the password.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    CE Password Recovery

So, as i understood you start the machine without Nvram connected while pressing utility button and later connect Nvram under power, right ? Do you think it is not too risky , is it have any trick how to plug in Nvram under power ?

That's exactly how I work.
    Otherwise, our whole life is risky.
    And these are just machines. A pile of iron and plastic to which we give our soul.
    Otherwise, I do these things like this because I have 30 years of work experience with electronics and a bunch of certificates for photocopiers, biochemical, hematological devices...3d scanners...ortopan...........
    I know how to clone nvram, change dials on ricoh .........
    I even have my own version of resetter for opc, developer, toner for Minolta office machines.
    More powerful and better than any version you might have seen on sale.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    CE Password Recovery

We also using self made resetter for office machines and seems working fine too,

Complete procedure for resetting the CE password for C6000L and similar devices from the same series

Last edited by Zoran; 04-15-2023 at 11:16 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    CE Password Recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Zoran View Post
    Complete procedure for resetting the CE password for C6000L and similar devices from the same series

Do you know if this would work on a C14000?

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    CE Password Recovery

it confuses me why you risk electronic damage to a hundred thousand dollar machine when you can just reset the code in minutes with the help of our beloved Jotunn without the use of tools HERE
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.