Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Konica-Minolta i-Series and Microsoft O-Auth 2.0

Dear colleagues,

one customer asked if KM i-series have the OAuth Function (for scan to email)
    Now, as you may know there is the special firmware GP4-and so on
    which should support OAuth 2.0.
    Has anyone expierence with it? Does it work?

Thank you?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Konica-Minolta i-Series and Microsoft O-Auth 2.0

I didn't tried but as there is special firmware for this reason why you don't give it a go.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hello All!

Went ahead and installed the FW for the oauth enablement in the unit and it does not show up in the menu. If I search for OAuth from the menu it appears, but when selected displays a "Item cannot be displayed in current settings" message. I've read the fw documentation and clearly stated that no soft switches are to be turnd on to enable the item in the menu. It does state that the item can only be selected from the units physical interface. Still testing and was wondering if you guys had ran into this same problem as well.

Thank you!

JC

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rewind! View Post
    Hello All!

Went ahead and installed the FW for the oauth enablement in the unit and it does not show up in the menu. If I search for OAuth from the menu it appears, but when selected displays a "Item cannot be displayed in current settings" message. I've read the fw documentation and clearly stated that no soft switches are to be turnd on to enable the item in the menu. It does state that the item can only be selected from the units physical interface. Still testing and was wondering if you guys had ran into this same problem as well.

Thank you!

JC
    I've installed it on 2 devices - when you go into the Network - Email settings - Email TX (SMTP) settings - you have the option to turn it on. I don't believe that you can do it remotely (PSWC) as you have to be at the device to enter in your authentication settings, as a new screen pops up
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

have played with this special oauth firmware on my c3350i and can confirm that it works as expected. Saving the login token via the web browser. A shame it is not going to be made standard because it would make setting up email scanning a breeze for end users. Slightly concerning is the unknown changes in future that may render the function inoperable though when security standards change.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    A shame it is not going to be made standard because it would make setting up email scanning a breeze for end users.
    what makes it easier than typing credentials?