Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C360i series Toner Chips??

Is anybody successfully using the cheaper toners and converting them into the i series toners?
    I know you can get the chips, but have never tried converting them by using a cheaper cartridge (like the 4 or 8 series) and making them into the i series by changing the top of the bottle.

And if anyone has used the i series chips, please let me know if they work!
    OC

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: C360i series Toner Chips??

Quote Originally Posted by Oystercopy View Post
    Is anybody successfully using the cheaper toners and converting them into the i series toners?
    I know you can get the chips, but have never tried converting them by using a cheaper cartridge (like the 4 or 8 series) and making them into the i series by changing the top of the bottle.

And if anyone has used the i series chips, please let me know if they work!
    OC
    Don't think I've heard of anyone trying it. Has it been confirmed the toner powder is same?

If you try it please let us know the results as it could save others a lot of money if it works.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

8 series toner works better then I series toner. Doesn't have streaking problems

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You can always swap the caps from a 4/8 serie toner with a i series toner. Just reset the toner with engine switch, no chips needed.
    Had to do this a few times in the time that Konica Minolta had problems in toner delivery.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Don't think I've heard of anyone trying it. Has it been confirmed the toner powder is same?

If you try it please let us know the results as it could save others a lot of money if it works.
    I'm assuming the toner is the same, aftermarket DV units will apparently fit the "e" series, "8" series and the "i" series
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

I wouldn't be so sure...
    Compare MSDS data - SDS (MSDS) for MFPs・Office Printers/ Production Printers/ Label Printers 3. U.S.A._Toner - Sustainability | KONICA MINOLTA

Please note that the fusing unit on the new machines differs significantly from the previous generation.

Quote Originally Posted by jotunn View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure...
    Compare MSDS data - SDS (MSDS) for MFPs・Office Printers/ Production Printers/ Label Printers 3. U.S.A._Toner - Sustainability | KONICA MINOLTA

Please note that the fusing unit on the new machines differs significantly from the previous generation.
    During the toner shortage we were using 8 series in i series (including the a4 models) and vice versa with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

It may or may not be slightly different in composition but we had no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    I'm assuming the toner is the same, aftermarket DV units will apparently fit the "e" series, "8" series and the "i" series
    Be careful with 8 series dev units in i series machines.

You need to swap the front bracket, including the bearing, from the old unit to the new one.

The bearings is a different size and the bracket is a slightly different shape. Otherwise the actual developer unit is the same.

One engineer I know carries a 4 series dev unit which, by changing the front bracket fits 8 and i series!

Quote Originally Posted by tech51 View Post
    Be careful with 8 series dev units in i series machines.

You need to swap the front bracket, including the bearing, from the old unit to the new one.

The bearings is a different size and the bracket is a slightly different shape. Otherwise the actual developer unit is the same.

One engineer I know carries a 4 series dev unit which, by changing the front bracket fits 8 and i series!
    Same here. Seems to work fine. Been doing that if I don't have the right item with me.
    Whatever