Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Google, Mac and KM

Just wondering if any one has run into printing from Google on a Mac that the doc will get to the machine and then lock up? I was at a customer and they were printing a PDF from gmail on a Mac, it was a C3320i, the data light would flash and then lock up the machine. We would take that doc and download it and print it from another program and it would print okay.

Thanks
    KEN

Technician

Re: Google, Mac and KM

Try forcing pdfs to open in pdf reader rather than chrome seems to fix the issue for me. Had this issue with many different Konica's since Edge and Chrome started opening PDFs

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Google, Mac and KM

We have a lot of trouble with that when teachers try to print PDF's directly from web pages. I suggest to them to select "save to pdf" as a print option for troublesome documents. Then open that saved pdf and print it out instead. Works like a charm. I think it has something to do with the online pdf being in multiple layers.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by wjurls View Post
    We have a lot of trouble with that when teachers try to print PDF's directly from web pages. I suggest to them to select "save to pdf" as a print option for troublesome documents. Then open that saved pdf and print it out instead. Works like a charm. I think it has something to do with the online pdf being in multiple layers.
    you can set pdfs to download instead of opening in the browser settings. I suggest doing that and setting adobe reader to open them by default. That way you’ll never have an issue with it again.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

I tell my customers that any time you print from the internet, you are at the mercy of the webpage, much sadness may occur. Another issue is depending on the browser, you may not get all the print driver settings available for the printer. Download and print is always the best course of action when possible.
    To add to this, the newest version of Adobe Reader is absolute garbage. Usually, it will go into "Not Responding" or error out with a "this document cannot be printed right now" message. For these reasons, I have been using Foxit PDF reader without issue the past few months.

The cynical side of me would say "well, it's a KM i Series machine, not surprised at all"

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts avecosat's Avatar

I have a similar problem in which a client does not print from MAC in Chrome directly or converts it to PDF on a C250i but the client has another C250i and it does print. I verified that the one that prints has a 2.0 firmware and the one that does not print has a 2.2. I am going to change the firmware to a 2.0 to test.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Google, Mac and KM

We have just had this problem on a Develop Ineo+ 3350i. Anything from Chrome would just make the machine freeze. Wasn't the usual culprits as mentioned (PDFs etc). Customer was logging into GMAIL and OFFICE365 through Chrome. When they tried to print simple emails from either, the machine would flash blue, freeze and continue to flash, but do nothing. When customer changed to Safari, no issues.

Tried updating the firmware from Q8 to Q9, no difference.

So back in the office we have been trying a 4050i. Exact same problem. Even updated this machine to G00-RB, which is only realeased.

The only fix we could find at this time was to downgrade the version of Chrome - version 104.0.5112.79 was working. You may have to tell your Mac not to update it.

If you need an older version have a look here.

Download Google Chrome 106.0.5249.103 for Mac - Filehippo.com
    Everything that has a beginning, has an end.....

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Google, Mac and KM

Just in case this is still an issue with anyone. We updated the print driver and it seems to have resolved the issue. No print issues with any version of Chrome.

Now using 5.0.8A Dec 15, 2023 PostScript

Looks like this is for macOS Big Sur 11 onwards.

KONICA MINOLTA Download Centre
    Last edited by D Colour; 03-15-2024 at 01:36 PM. Reason: link for convenience
    Everything that has a beginning, has an end.....

Quote Originally Posted by kenpio View Post
    Just wondering if any one has run into printing from Google on a Mac that the doc will get to the machine and then lock up? I was at a customer and they were printing a PDF from gmail on a Mac, it was a C3320i, the data light would flash and then lock up the machine. We would take that doc and download it and print it from another program and it would print okay.

Thanks
    KEN
    Have had issues with this in the past couple days, switching from AirPrint on the mac to printing to the IP address resolved this issue. Latest FW on the C3320i