Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    More i-series problems

More i-series problems

Noticed that on A4 printers and MFP's that the vent hole in the cover for the CPU does not line up with the actual vent holes for CPU. Which could cause CPU overheating and eventually CPU failure. Picture attached of a 4750i , I checked several other A4 machines and all were same way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 100+ Posts elmaligno's Avatar

Re: More i-series problems

Quote Originally Posted by Markks View Post
    Noticed that on A4 printers and MFP's that the vent hole in the cover for the CPU does not line up with the actual vent holes for CPU. Which could cause CPU overheating and eventually CPU failure. Picture attached of a 4750i , I checked several other A4 machines and all were same way.
    . C5372 (CPU temperature failure) may occur during PC printing or low power/sleep mode.
     As a countermeasure, the FAN will not turn off even in low power mode or sleep mode after applying this firmware (GG1-RB).
    For the customer who prefers to stop CPU FAN, it is required to set the following software SW to disable the countermeasure.
      A function to turn ON/OFF the CPU FAN during low power and sleep mode.
    Field technician since 1994

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    More i-series problems

Quote Originally Posted by elmaligno View Post
    . C5372 (CPU temperature failure) may occur during PC printing or low power/sleep mode.
     As a countermeasure, the FAN will not turn off even in low power mode or sleep mode after applying this firmware (GG1-RB).
    For the customer who prefers to stop CPU FAN, it is required to set the following software SW to disable the countermeasure.
      A function to turn ON/OFF the CPU FAN during low power and sleep mode.

Yeah but if the vent holes were in the correct spot it would alleviate this problem.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

You would be nuts to put RB on right now. it just came out on the 18th. Give it a month for bugs to be worked out

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

This is frightening even for POS they are. QA in KM production is at its lowest end ever. Yet they continue to dig down.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

lol - never noticed, we once had a c300i with overheating issues - we swapped the thermal conductive pad from the cooler with a qood quality grease and that helped, too.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    More i-series problems

Wow that really does look like a design flaw!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts KMFLT3CH's Avatar

Just released today...

C5372 (CPU temperature failure) may occur during PC printing or low power/sleep mode.

CAUSE: G00-K8 firmware contained a change designed to reduce the noise output of the printer.
    This was accomplished by turning off the CPU cooling fan during low power and sleep mode.
    A side effect of disabling the CPU cooling fan is the generation of C5372 errors.

SOLUTION: It is NOT recommended that holes be drilled into the back panels of the printer.
    Many notice that the rear exhaust grill is not aligned with the fan vent in the RF shield, this is intentional and does not affect the CPU cooling fan's performance.
    (lol)
    The offset of the exhaust grill reduces the noise level of the CPU fan.

To resolve the intermittent C5372 errors, apply the countermeasure firmware below.
    As a countermeasure, the FAN will not turn off even in low power mode or sleep mode after applying this firmware (GG1-RB)

Occurrence models / Countermeasure firmware
    bizhub C4050i/C3350i, C4051i/C3351i .... GG1-RB
    bizhub C4000i/C3300i, C4001i/C3301i .... GG1-RB
    bizhub C3320i, C3321i .... GG1-RB
    bizhub 4750i/4050i, 4751i/4051i .... GG1-RB
    bizhub 4700i, 4701i .... GG1-RB

*Periodic FW scheduled to be released in May will also include the same countermeasures as GG1-RB*

For the customer who prefers to stop CPU FAN, it is required to set the following software SW to disable the countermeasure:

A function to turn ON/OFF the CPU FAN during low power and sleep mode
    Software SW No. 189 (bit7)
    Hex: 00 (Enable [default]) FAN is turned ON in low power/sleep mode
    Hex: 80 (Disable) FAN is turned OFF in low power/sleep mode

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woxner View Post
    You would be nuts to put RB on right now. it just came out on the 18th. Give it a month for bugs to be worked out

I had no choice, had a brand new device, constantly sending me C5372 errors via CSRC - luckily the customer was unaware, however, since updating the FW over a week ago, I've had no notifications
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KMFLT3CH View Post
    Just released today...

C5372 (CPU temperature failure) may occur during PC printing or low power/sleep mode.

CAUSE: G00-K8 firmware contained a change designed to reduce the noise output of the printer.
    This was accomplished by turning off the CPU cooling fan during low power and sleep mode.
    A side effect of disabling the CPU cooling fan is the generation of C5372 errors.

SOLUTION: It is NOT recommended that holes be drilled into the back panels of the printer.
    Many notice that the rear exhaust grill is not aligned with the fan vent in the RF shield, this is intentional and does not affect the CPU cooling fan's performance.
    (lol)
    The offset of the exhaust grill reduces the noise level of the CPU fan.

To resolve the intermittent C5372 errors, apply the countermeasure firmware below.
    As a countermeasure, the FAN will not turn off even in low power mode or sleep mode after applying this firmware (GG1-RB)

Occurrence models / Countermeasure firmware
    bizhub C4050i/C3350i, C4051i/C3351i .... GG1-RB
    bizhub C4000i/C3300i, C4001i/C3301i .... GG1-RB
    bizhub C3320i, C3321i .... GG1-RB
    bizhub 4750i/4050i, 4751i/4051i .... GG1-RB
    bizhub 4700i, 4701i .... GG1-RB

*Periodic FW scheduled to be released in May will also include the same countermeasures as GG1-RB*

For the customer who prefers to stop CPU FAN, it is required to set the following software SW to disable the countermeasure:

A function to turn ON/OFF the CPU FAN during low power and sleep mode
    Software SW No. 189 (bit7)
    Hex: 00 (Enable [default]) FAN is turned ON in low power/sleep mode
    Hex: 80 (Disable) FAN is turned OFF in low power/sleep mode

LOL seems like KM is checking out the forum