Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: c6500p c-c101

c6500p c-c101

machine first show warming up, when the customer send his first job in the moornig, for long time and cmr try to power off the machine after waiting aprox 30 min.

then he power on the machine and the c-c101 appeared.

we found icp-23 on prcb and we replace it but problem remains.

1. what can be the cause of that error
    2. how can we resolve without replacing prcb

same problem have occured to another cmr and when we replace prcb icp-23 blow out again. that's why we do not want to replace prcb first.

thanks in advance

Technician
    here is some info about this:
    C-C101 after performing PM.
    Solution:

PROBABLE CAUSES:
    1. When the sub power switch (SW2) is ON, no response is received from the Printer Control Board (PRCB) within the specified time because ICP23 on PRCB is OPEN. Too long of a screw was used in installing transfer unit. The screw has come in contact with drum and shorted the drum potential sensor, which in turn has opened ICP23.
    Check installation of transfer units. Replace the incorrect screw with a shorter one, replace damaged DRPS (p/n A03U R736 00) and the PRCB (p/n A03U R759 00).

2. Transfer drive motor M18 has failed, connector was not seated properly, or connector and/or wiring from PRCB to motor has been damaged.
    Check connections and wiring from PRCB to M18. Replace the PRCB (p/n A03U R759 00) and also M18 if necessary (p/n 27LA 8001 2E).
    SPECIAL NOTE: Solution contribution by Chuck Tripp, Production Print/SSD

Quote Originally Posted by hosman80 View Post
    here is some info about this:
    C-C101 after performing PM.
    Solution:

PROBABLE CAUSES:
    1. When the sub power switch (SW2) is ON, no response is received from the Printer Control Board (PRCB) within the specified time because ICP23 on PRCB is OPEN. Too long of a screw was used in installing transfer unit. The screw has come in contact with drum and shorted the drum potential sensor, which in turn has opened ICP23.
    Check installation of transfer units. Replace the incorrect screw with a shorter one, replace damaged DRPS (p/n A03U R736 00) and the PRCB (p/n A03U R759 00).

2. Transfer drive motor M18 has failed, connector was not seated properly, or connector and/or wiring from PRCB to motor has been damaged.
    Check connections and wiring from PRCB to M18. Replace the PRCB (p/n A03U R759 00) and also M18 if necessary (p/n 27LA 8001 2E).
    SPECIAL NOTE: Solution contribution by Chuck Tripp, Production Print/SSD
    thanks for reply but error came out without PM. this article is already read.

first thing in the morning was showing warming up for about 30 minutes and cmr try to power-off and power-on the machine. after that error came up...

field service supervisor 100+ Posts mikeena's Avatar
    i had the same problem and it was the board. tried everyhting before then and nothin worked. but that was my machine when was the problem first noticed and how long has the machine been at location

Technician

Question C6500 C-c101

Dear all
    i have same problume c-c101 i already checked icp23 its ok
    and i have been cheked all other icp but problume is still there.
    i confrim it with replacing this board to other machine problume is with board
    so now anyone can help me to repair this board is there any way to run machine without replacing this board.

C-C101 ICP23 o/c because of short in 5V circuit.

I had this problem after a Tech had replaced a drum for 2214 and then m/c came up with C-C101, It took me about 3 Hrs to find the problem it was the purple wiring loom at the back of the process carriage (the Temp/humidity sensor) got trapped on the locating shaft hole. One of the wires sheath got chaffed and bare wire in contact with the frame and so 5V going to ground.

Hope this helps

This should be possible to find if you search the forum. I had a machine down for a month due to this fault. The black plastic guide that the transfer unit rests in is so close to the ratchet that holds the wire cowl on the back of the transfer section. Knock it when your mounting the transfer unit....and the wire will crawl up and get cut and cause a short. Pictures here show where this happens. (Note that in one picture the entire transfer unit has been removed from the machine)

We glued the pin in, and keep an eye on this spot on our other machines.

Yeah thats it watch out for that one.....

A C-C101 and o/c ICP23 is 5v supply to Printer control board.... if you look at the ROM version the Printer Control will be blank ie. dead board.

I think I must have been lucky to catch that one in the same day if you had the machine down for a month.

Do you have any answers for C67-08 first thing in the morning? But once the machine warms up you can switch it on and off and it will not fault until next morning?

Technician

6500 c-c101

DEAR
    thanks to reply but i hav been check my machine by replacing prcb from other machine its work mean there is no problume with machine only board faulty. and i have checked all icp specialy icp23 its ok but this board still not work so can u help me, is it possible to run this board.i already upgrade latest firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSE View Post
    C-C101 ICP23 o/c because of short in 5V circuit.

I had this problem after a Tech had replaced a drum for 2214 and then m/c came up with C-C101, It took me about 3 Hrs to find the problem it was the purple wiring loom at the back of the process carriage (the Temp/humidity sensor) got trapped on the locating shaft hole. One of the wires sheath got chaffed and bare wire in contact with the frame and so 5V going to ground.

Hope this helps
    You got it !
    that's the problem.

I thing KM must fix this spot because can drive easily to PRCB problems.

thanks a lot and be carefull when closing proccess unit !