Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

DI5510 toner spill

Hi guys,
    I've got a DI5510 that is dumping toner onto the transfer/seperation corona assy. It is coming out of the developer housing at both ends of the mag roller. I found info on another model that mentioned this type of problem caused by a broken mylar seal inside the housing. Is this the same kind of thing for the 5510? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Quick answer is yes. This topic has been discussed at length. Same as di650, and will also work with 7272, and 7255. I could go on and on but you should just check out the 650 post.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Thanks for the responce FIXTHECOPIER, but I can't find the post you were referring to. Can you be more specific? Thanks in advance.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

liuping
    support

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Try this...

This will alleviate the problem quite a bit - actually more usefull if you were overtoning all the way across the developer sleeve - but it definitely won't hurt. You may have to clean the drumcarriage maybe once or twice between PM cycles (250k).

Change dip-switch 5-1 to a 1
    Change dip-switch 23-3 to a 1

this will lighten you toner density threshold in the developer unit - maybe also make your laser output higher to attract more toner to the drum.

If still having issues, also change 5-0 to a 1 and 23-2 also to 1 along with the other dipswitches mentioned above. This will bring it to the lightest toner density threshold - I would not reccomend this for a print shop type environment or where heavy graphics/halftones are required.

Good luck.

Langelot