Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    grizinthebigsky

Thumbs up Re: KM C550 BizHub scan to SMB failed, deleted due to login error?

Thank you for the information. This worked perfectly after many failed attempts and choice expletives.

Kudos!

SafeForPandas

Re: KM C550 BizHub scan to SMB failed, deleted due to login error?

So glad I found this thread even though it is 4 years since the last response. We are a small company renting a bizhub C280 and have had problems setting up the scanning, the company who provides the printer aren't particularly great at offering tech support beyond the initial set up. Although it's a different model, the menus and setups appear very similar.

I have encountered all of the problems in this thread separately, and each of the solutions offered has worked. I've also come across and additional issue causing the "Login Failed" error message.

Due to being a very small company and office, we are using a simple LAN system with no local servers or network drives, just individual PCs connected to a LAN. Recently, due to some staff changes, we had a few desk swaps and simply changed the usernames on the various PCs (we're running Windows 10 and all our storage is done via OneDrive and Sharepoint). I therefore changed all the SMB addresses accordingly and ensure all usernames, passwords, host addresses and file paths were 100% correct. Additionally, NTLM was set to v1/v2 and SMB setting were correct. Despite everything being 100% correct, we were getting login failures for all the PCs which had changed usernames. Scanning on all the PCs which had no changes was still working absolutely fine.

I discovered that the problem was due to only changing Windows 10 user names on the PCs, rather than deleting users and creating new ones. Consequently, whilst the user names had changed, the user proflie folder had not. This was what was causing the login error. I found that changing the username on the bizhub address book to match the name of the user profile folder corrected this error (e.g. user profile folder is C:\Users\User 1, user name has been changed to User 2, password is 12345678, you would need to enter User 1 as the username in the bizhub address book and password as 12345678).

Thought this was worth posting in case anyone else ever googles the same error.