Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Natedog

KM C550 BizHub scan to SMB failed, deleted due to login error?

KM C550 BizHub scan to SMB failed, deleted due to login error? I have several users setup to scan to email and to SMB (shared folders on filerserver), one of the SMBs stopped working the other day and I have tried everything that I can think of and it still fails and gives the same error. Other users (myself included) can scan to email and to our own SMB folders on the server.

The particular SMB account with the problem is a folder on the server that several people in the dept have access to. They scan to this shared folder and then reach it via a mapped drive (while logged into thier computer as themself.) The SMB is a user account that is used as an external email contact. I have double-checked the security and permissions on the SMB account and the person's account who is doing the scannning and everything looks ok. I reset the copier (turned on/off), rebooted the user's pc, reset the password for the scan to SMB account (via web IP access to Konica copier), checked that neither user account was locked out, SMB scan to user account password is (and always was) set to never expire, even deleted and recreated the scan to SMB account on the copier! Searched and have found nothing on the net (including Konica's site) that has helped yet.

A couple weeks ago I had to reset this user's network password because it had expired, but then it has worked fine for about one month until now.

Any suggestions?

Natedog
    OK, I even added a second similar named scan to SMB account and set it up with same userid and it got same error when scanning. Changed the userid to myself (with my password) and it worked fine, so I then changed it back to the original user without entering any password (who had the scan problem) and it worked. The next day it was broken again, so I entered the user's current network password into the SMB setup with her userid and it works fine now. Only thing that I can think of is that somehow the Konica got stuck on the user's old password and to get it unstuck it needed a different userid (and password) entered in. HTH

random
    user needs to setup as

workgroup\user with workgroup being the name of the workgroup or domain.

Natedog
    Quote Originally Posted by random View Post
    user needs to setup as

workgroupuser with workgroup being the name of the workgroup or domain.
    In the setup on the KM I have the Host Address, File Path (for scan to store directly to it), Userid, and Password and this works for all users scan to smb. All users are members of the network domain. Please elaborate on your explanation.

IT
    Konica controllers do not use the workgroup (or domain)/user method. Only the username. Your NVRAM might be going, or need to be cleared if it keeps happending.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    KM C550 BizHub scan to SMB failed, deleted due to login error?

I have had similar issues with these devices, but I have been able to solve all my issues by changing a setting on the machine through the Web Interface.

Logon as Admin - Network - SMB - Client - NTLM

Make sure that your NTLM version is set to v1/v2. This makes sure that the machine will authenticate to both local usernames and AD usernames.

Also, when recreating usernames, make sure that 'User must change Password at next logon' isn't ticked because this will also stop the machine from logging in correctly.

Also, try using FQ usernames in the machine. IE:

copier@example.internal or what ever your internal domain is as some can be .internal, some might be .com and so on.

If you have a separate account for the copier, check the security logs on your server as they will give login and log out audits. Macke sure that the machine is deffinately trying to logon correctly.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

jake714
    I've seen this one also. Double check the event viewer and the pc under Application to confirm there on no issues with locating the domain controllers. The source is AutoEnrollment error.

Natedog
    Quote Originally Posted by KonicaNet View Post
    Konica controllers do not use the workgroup (or domain)/user method. Only the username...
    Correct and hope the NVRAM isn't going....pretty new machine. It is still working, knock on wood.

The Owl, good suggestions. I'll check the NTLM setting.
    Last edited by Natedog; 05-28-2009 at 12:54 AM.

acepump

Thumbs up Re: KM C550 BizHub scan to SMB failed, deleted due to login error?

Quote Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
    OK, I even added a second similar named scan to SMB account and set it up with same userid and it got same error when scanning. Changed the userid to myself (with my password) and it worked fine, so I then changed it back to the original user without entering any password (who had the scan problem) and it worked. The next day it was broken again, so I entered the user's current network password into the SMB setup with her userid and it works fine now. Only thing that I can think of is that somehow the Konica got stuck on the user's old password and to get it unstuck it needed a different userid (and password) entered in. HTH
    Natedog, I was so lucky to find your post 4 years after. I got the same frustration as you after trying everything in the networking field to make two users to get rid of the Login Error message. The rest of the domain users were able to scan without any problem. As you suggested the problem was gone by login in as the problem users during the SMB setup. After getting my two users up and and running I followed TheOwl suggestion to set up NTLM setting to v1/v2 to avoid future issues. THANK YOU !!

Natedog

Re: KM C550 BizHub scan to SMB failed, deleted due to login error?

Quote Originally Posted by acepump View Post
    Natedog, I was so lucky to find your post 4 years after. I got the same frustration as you after trying everything in the networking field to make two users to get rid of the Login Error message. The rest of the domain users were able to scan without any problem. As you suggested the problem was gone by login in as the problem users during the SMB setup. After getting my two users up and and running I followed TheOwl suggestion to set up NTLM setting to v1/v2 to avoid future issues. THANK YOU !!
    Excellent, glad you found this thread and it helped you out! It bugs me when people post questions, find an answer and then don't update how they fixed it...lol.