Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    random

C253 Image unit reset

Is it possible to reset this unit once it has reached end of life? Without swapping chips.

random
    Anyone? Just that I noticed the chip on these units has about 18pins where the other units only have about 6.

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C253 Image unit reset

To the best of my knowledge, the only reset method is with a replacement chip.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

now can buy the chip ???

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Jumping Jack Flash's Avatar

Thumbs up ResetBox for IU chips Bizhub C200/203/253/353 all region

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C253 Image unit reset

Well I am intrigued ! Jumping Jack are you the creator of this box? Do you own one? Have you seen it work?

"The unlock code is sent via e-mail" does this mean that after purchasing this, the owner still has to pay for every reset?

The idea of plugging something into the toner slot and then being able to reprogram any Image Unit is interesting but to me sounds very strange.

I am really interested in hearing feed back from others.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Quote Originally Posted by pepper38_cnd View Post
    Well I am intrigued ! Jumping Jack are you the creator of this box? Do you own one? Have you seen it work?

"The unlock code is sent via e-mail" does this mean that after purchasing this, the owner still has to pay for every reset?

The idea of plugging something into the toner slot and then being able to reprogram any Image Unit is interesting but to me sounds very strange.

I am really interested in hearing feed back from others.
    And so am I !! The crypto chip on the C253/353 has a combination (secret) on the chip that prevents any data accurately being read.
    Why is the toner socket being used for the reset as the socket has not got any relation to the imaging units except they both arrive back at the MFP board. If you are interigating the main board to reset the counters, I would personally be very nervous about doing it as the main board will ultimately cost more than a resetter. Does the resetter reset the TCR Article counter ? or does it only reset the counter for the I/U and please tell me how the connections for the toner supply system interact with the encrypted imaging unit chips.

I am very suspicious about this one, REMEMBER EVERYONE TO RESET A CHIP you need to interface directly with the chip in question.

Then you have to buy the device and buy the codes ! What happens when you run out of codes ( no machine will accept the same encryption code twice !)

If you buy a resetter you should pay once and that's it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Jumping Jack Flash's Avatar
    Welcome Everybody,
    I have noticed your surprise and interest over my project. On the other hand, I feel sorry due to some unkind comments on a forum, which make an existence and usage of Resetter doubtful.
    I understand that biggest problem is to reset any IU in a place where a lack of toner Y, C, M exists. I assure you it is doable.
    I am not going to confirm and deny that something is possible or not, but I fairly request you to think over your opinions, which a content is not professional, but limited to knowledge of 1-wire, microwire or RS232 and free programs like PonyProg.
    My goal was to create a cheap and simple device made of available elements. Reset Box consists of specyfically programmed micro-controller. Making that device lasts about 2 hours.
    To create Rest Box, the knowledge of Digital Circuit, a programming of micro- controllers and plenty of time spent on the project are necessary. A device was made at the beginning of 2009 and tested by my colleagues. An additional error recovery menu for TCR was attached in June, 2009. A usage of Reset Box demands an introduction of a correct 8 sign code.
    A code introduction is to be used once only and generated in a separate program for a particular device with no limit of use. I will not explain a code usage now. I have not offered a device sell, but I can kindly avail a device to test for those who are interested.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    C253 Image unit reset

I would definitely like to know more about this device! How many times have you sucessfully used this device to reset the image units? Will you be making it available for sale to the public at some point? How are you generating the code to input? Your video was quite impressive. I would like to know when more people have tried it, and the results.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    OK devils advocate here...Other than the occasional problamatic I/U that needs early replacement, why all the interest in resetting these units? They have reached their life spans. You're gonna reset the chip, throw the unit back into the MFP and have CQ problems that wont go away until you ...wait for it... here it comes.... PUT IN A NEW I/U!!!. I wouldn't invest a dime in this and here's why.. Right now I have happy customers. PM's are short and sweet. I carry a few spare fuses for fuser and transfer assys in case I use one of these units for trouble shooting. And guess what...the new C652/552s have K I/U with replaceable drums. Writing is on the wall..manufactures know the replacable units are expensive, future models will have servicable I/U and we can go back to the old days of re-stringing coronas, replacing blades and taking up an hour of our time doing drum maintenance. You're a day late and a doller short for this tool. EMujo