Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    New MFP board fitted

mitchl has provided some very sound advice. Just out of curiosity, what was the problem in the first place for you to replace the MFP Board? If you put the old MFP board back are you back to your original problem?
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper38_cnd View Post
    mitchl has provided some very sound advice. Just out of curiosity, what was the problem in the first place for you to replace the MFP Board? If you put the old MFP board back are you back to your original problem?

The original problem was that the first page of a set has background on the lead edge of the first copy. This is a know problem from Konica Minolta and is cause by the said board. Now when we fit the original board back the machine starts fine which tells me its not a NVRAM issue. But i will be trying all sugestions mention today.

Many Thanks

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    New MFP board fitted

If putting the original board back, brings your machine alive then the problem is with your replacement board. No need to mess with NVRAM if you know it's working on the old board.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thanks guys. New MFP Board came today work no probs. Now one issue i am having is now i can not access the Administrator settings no matter what password i try..ie "12345678" , "92729272" , "sysadm" nothing works. I have also tried to change the password in service mode but when it asks for the password the second time it doest let me enter anything and i have to reboot machine.

Cheers

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joneze View Post
    Thanks guys. New MFP Board came today work no probs. Now one issue i am having is now i can not access the Administrator settings no matter what password i try..ie "12345678" , "92729272" , "sysadm" nothing works. I have also tried to change the password in service mode but when it asks for the password the second time it doest let me enter anything and i have to reboot machine.
    If you do a data clear then it should work in the service mode and you can give the password twice without the blolck problem on the second try.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mailderrick's Avatar

Re: New MFP board fitted

Quote Originally Posted by joneze View Post
    The original problem was that the first page of a set has background on the lead edge of the first copy. This is a know problem from Konica Minolta and is cause by the said board. Now when we fit the original board back the machine starts fine which tells me its not a NVRAM issue. But i will be trying all sugestions mention today.

Many Thanks
    I have just had this same exact problem and i had a heck of a time trying to figure it out. It is a board problem but it is actually the Printer Control board(specifically ICP5 on the board burns out which you can test with an ohm meter). I took a bad board and replaced the resistor and to my surprise i was up and running like a brand new machine. I hope this helps save someone the headaches i went through to figure this out - also with a little support from some good techs and this forum.
    Derrick