Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Question kon/min bizhub 420

machine was copying very light as if it wasn't adding toner or the dv was old. I replaced the dv. ran the tcr adjustment .the machine dumped the dv filling the drum clearing unit with dv and going into error code 2803. cleaned out the dv in the cleaning unit. cleared code and ran the tcr adj again. machine went right back into the error code 2803. this is my first service call on this machine. but it seem as if the charge maybe to high or a bias problem. please help! thanks

dumping dev.

how many copies are there? have you changed dev on thse machines bfor? did it dump the dev while you ran the tdc? could be an overchg prob if you were"undertoned" originally but i doubt its enuff to pull the dev pwdr did u find dev in the cleaning unit originally? if not something else happened when you changed powder make sure a seal or other obstruction is not riding your mag roller. something is peeling the powder, ck your tank, review your dev change inst.
    jp
    IT IS BETTER TO REMAIN QUIET AND BE THOUGHT A FOOL
    THAN TO SPEAK AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    More info would get you a better response. Dumping the developer sounds like the charge is not seated properly. These machines are very picky and like for the drum to be changed with the developer. I just watched another tech in the shop fight one that he had changed just the drum in, and the developer had about 100,000 on hit. When he took my advice and changed the developer it got happy again. If you have had a mess in the machine you can have problems with codes that have to do with bottle rotation, and bottle seating. To correct this you will have to disassemble the back of the machine to clean the photocells. Make sure the wires under the DV box did not get pinched. Try a new drum when you put new developer in and make sure the charge is in good shape.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Technician
    we have no history on the machine for this is our first time servicing this customer. the machine has 250k copies. the machine was definitely under toned that why i replaced the dv. I'm pretty sure there was no dv in the cleaning unit before i change the dv. the dv did dumped while running the tcr adjustment. that when the error code 2803 came up. before changing the dv the machine worked fine but very under toned and no error code. the dv replacement procedure is pretty simple. dump old dv replace with new dv run tcr adjustment. did i miss something

Technician
    We had this problem on a Bizhub 500. Copies were very light and developer was on the copies. We ended up getting a 2803. Turns out the toner hopper was bound up and wasn't adding toner. I had to split the hopper and vacuum it out. Replaced the developer mix and ran the TCR adjustment. This fixed it.

dumping toner

agree with mtgrizrich but why you still dumping developer??? start over is all i have, make sure magroller is clean and not rubbing on anything. ck your chg level when you run tdc setup inspect your brush.
    j
    IT IS BETTER TO REMAIN QUIET AND BE THOUGHT A FOOL
    THAN TO SPEAK AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    If it has 250,000 on it , I bet the drum has never been changed, you should change it before you run the adjustment again.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Technician
    Code
    C-2803
    Cause
    TCR output abnormality.
    When the output ripple voltage of
    the TCR sensor (TCRS) is less
    than 0.5 V.
    Estimated abnormal parts
    TCR sensor (TCRS)
    Printer control board (PRCB)

But for first you must to check bias contact, the developer unit connector and
    the TCR sensor.

willcoli

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by copysys View Post
    machine was copying very light as if it wasn't adding toner or the dv was old. I replaced the dv. ran the tcr adjustment .the machine dumped the dv filling the drum clearing unit with dv and going into error code 2803. cleaned out the dv in the cleaning unit. cleared code and ran the tcr adj again. machine went right back into the error code 2803. this is my first service call on this machine. but it seem as if the charge maybe to high or a bias problem. please help! thanks
    2803 relates to failed TCR sensor. As DV is pre-loaded with correct ratio toner, this appears sensor failed. However DV dump is more serious so would consider replacing Dev Tank complete with new Dv

Quote Originally Posted by copysys View Post
    we have no history on the machine for this is our first time servicing this customer. the machine has 250k copies. the machine was definitely under toned that why i replaced the dv. I'm pretty sure there was no dv in the cleaning unit before i change the dv. the dv did dumped while running the tcr adjustment. that when the error code 2803 came up. before changing the dv the machine worked fine but very under toned and no error code. the dv replacement procedure is pretty simple. dump old dv replace with new dv run tcr adjustment. did i miss something
    you probably to replace the drum as well. the pm cycle is 250K