Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TheNickus

Bizhub C350 with Fiery x3e 22c-KM

Hey all,
    My C350 was working fine and then suddenly dropped of the network. I have no IP conflicts and have restarted both the copier and the Fiery more times than I can count.

I unfortunately don't have teh Admin password for the fiery (it's not 00000000 12345678 fiery.1 or Fiery.1). Also since I can't get network access to the Fiery I can't upload the password.ps file to make it cough up it's admin passwords. My last option seems to be re-install the firmware over the Printer Port but I can't seem to find the Firmware files anywhere online.

Any ideas?

-- Thanks In Adavance
    -- The Nickus

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You should not need a password to access from the control panel but if you do try 0000
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

TheNickus
    The code for accessing the admin settings on the printer (not the Fiery) is "00000000". When I go into the Run Setup function the Fiery brings up a soft keyboard on the control panel and asks me for the admin password. Neither "0000" nor "00000000" has worked.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Just as a stupid question, but have you tried nothing or just a space?

Failing that, you won't be able to get the password back out with out network connectivity. Try using a laptop and crossover cable directly to the Fiery.

Failing all of that, reloading the O/S on the Fiery will solve your issue.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

copydude
    Have you used internet explorer and tried ot access it via the ip?
    have you rebotted your router, modem and computer?

remmeber it is a network, so if before you condemn one componant, you need to reset them all

TheNickus
    Already tried blank for the password, reset the router and both the switches that are between it and the router. Since the Fiery isn't getting an IP address I haven't been able to get access to it through any of the admin tools either web based or stand alone.

I haven't tried a crossover cable yet, I tried a regular patch hoping that the network card in either my laptop or the Fiery would be smart enough to do the switching but it wasn't. I also tried connecting to the fiery directly via parallel cable and while windows saw the "22C-KM" device and I installed the correct driver I wasn't able to get even a test page to print. I'm going to try accessing it through appletalk tomorrow since TCP/IP doesn't seem to be working at all.

Does anyone know where I can find the OS for the Fiery if I need to do a re-install? I've looked all around konica-minoltas site and the Fiery manufacturer's site and haven't seen anything but drivers.

Thanks for all your time and help.

copydude
    are you able to access via the control panel on the copier.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

As a default, the Fiery's are setup to not accept print jobs from the parallel port.

If you print out a config page, that should confirm that point.

Are you a Konica Minolta Tech? If so, then you will find the system software on your countries relevant tech site.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

TheNickus
    are you able to access via the control panel on the copier.
    No I can't get into the Fiery from the control panel due to the lack of admin password, and I can't get it to print out the admin password due to lack of remote access to the Fiery, gotta love those Catch 22's.
    As a default, the Fiery's are setup to not accept print jobs from the parallel port.

If you print out a config page, that should confirm that point.
    I'll check the Config page when I get in tomorrow afternoon but I'm sure you're right about the Fiery defaulting to No LPT printing.
    Are you a Konica Minolta Tech? If so, then you will find the system software on your countries relevant tech site.
    I'm not actually a Minolta tech, just an overzealous IT guy / Operations Director (good to know I could have a fallback career though ).

Since I'm not in the Konica-Minolta inner circle is there any way to contact them and beg a copy of the Fiery O/S? From what I've been told we bought out the lease on the C350 but our relationship with the company who sold it to us is... I'll just say strained, so I'm not confident they'd help me if I contacted them.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts pajeroid's Avatar
    Have you got anywhere with getting the fiery operating system? I have a develop fiery, but its not on their technical website either!