Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Konica Minolta Bizhub C353

occasionaly the machine looses connectivity with the network. Turn it off and on and it comes on and works fine. help if any info.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I think it is the MFP Board. I had this twice. You can try a firmware update but i don't know if it helps.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

A few things to look at before changing the MFP board.

1. Make sure that SNMP Status Enabled is turned off in the printer port.
    2. Make sure that the network cable isn't coiled up around oe near a power cable.
    3. Unplug the network cable when it has dropped off the network and ping the IP address to make sure there isn't a duplicate IP address.
    4. Plug the machine into another network outlet to make sure the cabling in the wall is fine.
    5. Firmware upgrade.
    6. MFP board.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts abilashvk's Avatar
    hi,
    Try what the owl says and also PWB-MFP got NV-RAM on it,which stores the static IP address etc., There is an nv-ram,NIC resetting firmware flashing which can address such issues.Interchange NV-RAM from a compatible model and confirm (also change IP address.SUB NET mask etc,.of that nv-ram).You can also detach the batter from Nv-ram,keep it for some time to get the NON VOLATILE data errassed from it,do a firmware upgrade and go.......

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abilashvk View Post
    You can also detach the batter from Nv-ram,keep it for some time to get the NON VOLATILE data errassed from it,do a firmware upgrade and go.......
    I don't think, that this is a good idea because then he will lose all the machine datas and he will probably hat to do with a "licence error". Beside that he will have to use the NVRAM flash card to flash the NVRAM for his machine (C353 in this case).

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Another thing to try is to force the network to 100Mb OR 10Mb & even try the full duplex or half. If left on Auto Negotiate, the network switch (or hub) that the machine is connected to may not work correctly.....

Hi DCPS,
    I had previous experience in C250,252,352 etc,. regarding NV-RAM data erasing issue.To do that ,we must have with us both the firmwares (ie. nv-ram&machine) or atleast machine FW.After that machine will ask for printer serielno,.(,most probably language japanese-change marketing area in SYST1 of ser.mode - KM logo will be replaced by an outer space- change HEX 10 to 00 in SW Setting & fix) DO A FW UPGRADE start all necessery installation procedure.Only risk I observed is that meter reading might change to millions and more,which we have to inform customer to follow mechanical counter.May be by this way he can save a few bucks of a new NV-RAM.

But,do this by taking permission of THE CUSTOMER and inform the pros&cons. After all its his machine and he's just allowing us to rectify his trouble

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abilashvk View Post
    change HEX 10 to 00 in SW Setting & fix)
    Dip switch 10 should change to 02 and not to 00. Otherwise you want have a Bizhub but a Generic machine.

presently Iam changing hex 10 to 00 and every thing including KM logo goes right, any way I will give a go t0 02 and try

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You don't by any chance have the Bio-Metric (finger reader) attached to this machine do you? We have had no luck with this as any machine we have installed this on drops off the network continuously after going into low power or sleep mode. We gave up and just removed the Bio-Metric and stopped selling them.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes