Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

C30px Transfer seperation

I did it but I walked away and she will be there in the morning. I will find what I did, but if someone else has had a similar issue, I would be grateful for a point in the right direction. It started as a code 300 for a polygon motor. I got it to reset but called it in as a warranty call as the code would reoccur. Picked up the working printer, took to shop and put the printhead in[ what a bitch ] and on restart I get a code 0096 for transfer separation. I took it all apart again looking for something unplugged and can not get past that code on boot up. I got frustrated and left, any ideas?
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Well in the interest of helping someone in the future, this is the follow up as to what I did. After asking the head tech in the shop to look behind me, he managed to get the l.e.d. to not come on and the fans quit also, so I took the customer a loner, ignored the machine for a day, and then went back to it. I reconnected all of my ribbons and cables to bring it back to life. As for the code, the manual says to check the M-3 and other connections. I unboxed another new one and pulled the belt and the new belt solved the problem. I would have gone there first except I did not have a belt, and I was also using the logic of "it worked before I took it apart". The belt was almost at the end of its life and I do not know if that had something to do with it coding with the new printhead, but now it works fine.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking