Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Bizhub C252 error code

I have a C252 that is giving error code CD36E every hour. When reset the code appears 60 minutes later. The problem only started after the building power supply lost one phase, and the supply voltage was very low for some time ( we call it a brown out ) and no one thought to turn the equipment off.
    The book indicates that CD3XX is NVRAM data error. I have done the manual NVRAM data backup, but doesn't fix.
    Do I need new NVRAM, or can someone suggest something to try.
    Firmware has been upgraded. Also the machine has lost all meter readings - now at start again.
    Hope you can help

Thanks

Technician

NVRAM code

Quote Originally Posted by countrytech View Post
    I have a C252 that is giving error code CD36E every hour. When reset the code appears 60 minutes later. The problem only started after the building power supply lost one phase, and the supply voltage was very low for some time ( we call it a brown out ) and no one thought to turn the equipment off.
    The book indicates that CD3XX is NVRAM data error. I have done the manual NVRAM data backup, but doesn't fix.
    Do I need new NVRAM, or can someone suggest something to try.
    Firmware has been upgraded. Also the machine has lost all meter readings - now at start again.
    Hope you can help

Thanks
    Hi countrytech-
    The procedure I have for restoration requires entering the service mode through the back door with the code displayed on the screen, and the machine to be turned off at the main power (not the op panel) for at least 10 sec after performing data back-up. (also be sure your network cable and fax line are unplugged when restoring. Is your malf code the same each time? I ask this because my worst case scenario involving a brownout made the machine come up with a CDXXX code and in Japanese. Each time I did NVRAM data back-up, I got a different CDXXX code. Seems that the restoration only does small 'packets' of information at a time. The eleventh time it came up in english. 37 resets later, the NVRAM was completely restored and I have had no issues with that machine since. The number of resets may also relate to the number of options that are installed.

Best of luck!
    dcopylady

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thanks dcopylady, what you experienced is what we had, even the change of language. Will try the reset procedure, and check on the codes if they change.
    Thanks once again

Technician

NVRAM

Thanks dcopylady, what you experienced is what we had, even the change of language. Will try the reset procedure, and check on the codes if they change.
    Thanks once again
    In my case, I noticed that even though it kept 'coding-out', as long as the code was different each time, I was making progress! Mine had a fax unit, was networked, had scan kit, but no finisher. All the user information was restored, one touch entries, address book, network settings etc... just like nothing ever happened, but it took 37 times! Wow, I think I was there for 3-1/2 hours. I wish you the same success...

Best Regards,
    dcopylady

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts abilashvk's Avatar
    hi friend,
    Give a try to this thread also if U wish

Konica Minolta Bizhub C353

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thumbs up

Thanks for your help dcopylady, as I was able to reset the NYRAM a few times, and no problems over the past 36 hours.

Thanks again

Technician

c252

Thanks for your help dcopylady, as I was able to reset the NYRAM a few times, and no problems over the past 36 hours.

Thanks again
    So happy! Whoooo-Hoooo!
    (I just love it when catastrophe turns up roses!)

dcopylady

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts abilashvk's Avatar
    Thanks friends,
    Finally it seems there's some number(in terms of attempts) related to NV-RAM back-up.I had atleast 7,8 tries but never patient enough for a 37.
    regards,
    abilash