Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Technician
    Thanks for that eg101, that's very handy to know. I take it that means that looking from the front, the drum rotates clockwise?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts abilashvk's Avatar
    dear friends,
    Some excellent tech.s already participated in this thread.Let me assume this as a MINOLTA CSPRO EP1080.If not then sorry but, this is commen to all analog copiers. change the (spacer/roll)coller on mag,.roller -adjust transfer/sep guide plate- adjust transfer/sep,. voltage if it's not a MINOLTA(some VR will be there -SORRY don,t know exact location).Before replacing collar U can tape both un-exposed side of PC Drum with 2 layers of normal cello-tape and confirm (if its a MINOLTA 1080)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Black areas on copy

Quote Originally Posted by abilashvk View Post
    dear friends,
    Some excellent tech.s already participated in this thread.Let me assume this as a MINOLTA CSPRO EP1080.If not then sorry but, this is commen to all analog copiers. change the (spacer/roll)coller on mag,.roller -adjust transfer/sep guide plate- adjust transfer/sep,. voltage if it's not a MINOLTA(some VR will be there -SORRY don,t know exact location).Before replacing collar U can tape both un-exposed side of PC Drum with 2 layers of normal cello-tape and confirm (if its a MINOLTA 1080)
    None of these are needed! It is the Cleaning Blade!! I have seen this on many machines...when they were common machines.

Technician
    You're 100% correct minimerlin, that was the first thing I checked since I figured it was the easiest of all the suggestions to start with, and that was the problem.

As per eg101's advice I looked at the top of the drum and sure enough I could see toner all over it. So I took the cleaning blade out, cleaned it up thoroughly with alcohol and it copied perfectly. Unfortunately about 10 copies later about 3 black stripes appeared so it seems I need to get a new blade.

Thanks to everyone for the great help!

The ol' 1080 actually has another issue but I'll make a new thread for that one soon! Ha ha!

Cheers.