Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    bizhub color - Total Counter Report via e-mail query

If the customer makes a color print the color counter increases by one only, not both. Same as if they make a black print only the black counter increases by 1. The total increases by one no matter if its color or b/w. Hope that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by joshan View Post
    Hi,
    Can anyone tell me if in the Color Bizhubs like 253/280/360, when a color print/copy is made both the Color & Black Counters counts 1 each?

I am trying to reconsile some reports that don't make sense.

Thanks in advance.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

We have been using the 'Total Status Notification' for quite some time, but now we are slowly starting to get away from this and move to a new software package that I rolled out.

Basically you install an agent on the customers network and this agent will then interrogate specified machines every 4 hours or what ever we make it. Not only does this agent then report the meter readings back to us, it also reports back toner levels, IU levels waste toner level and so forth.

Our server then can generate emails alerting us that the toner level is low so that we can send out toners without the customer having to phone us. The best thing about this package is (when I figure everything out properly) that it will intergrate with our service software allowing for meter readings to be directly input into the service software without any human intervention. Less errors, less complaints, less work.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    We have been using the 'Total Status Notification' for quite some time, but now we are slowly starting to get away from this and move to a new software package that I rolled out.

Basically you install an agent on the customers network and this agent will then interrogate specified machines every 4 hours or what ever we make it. Not only does this agent then report the meter readings back to us, it also reports back toner levels, IU levels waste toner level and so forth.

Our server then can generate emails alerting us that the toner level is low so that we can send out toners without the customer having to phone us. The best thing about this package is (when I figure everything out properly) that it will intergrate with our service software allowing for meter readings to be directly input into the service software without any human intervention. Less errors, less complaints, less work.
    To my knowledge, VCare (CS Remote) does this too.

It may be a solution for you, but in my experience, many IT guys do not like us messing with their computers with some things like this, often for good reasons. In a few cases, some even refused outright to allow VCare on their network.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Quote Originally Posted by jneezy2008 View Post
    I've setup many upon many of our customer's bizhubs to email us their meter readings automatically every month and I have had some problems with it. Most of the emails will come through our Exchange server just fine but others "get stuck" and never reach the destination mailbox. Tons of time and phone calls to Konica have led to no resolution. The problem seems to be something weird with the headers in the emails from the bizhubs.(I actually have posted this problem in the Connectivity forum)

My recommendation, to avoid headaches if you are your company's system admin, is to have the MFP email the customer the meter reading then have the customer forward the meter reading to you.
    Out of curiosity, those machines which send in but get stuck....do those machines have the default subject and text fields empty? I have found that some email exchange servers will dump the email as spam if those fields were not entered. Might be worth while to look at the server logs to see what is happening.

(pardon me, noting this post of yours is over a year old....)
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

The software that we use is manufacturer independant.

If we find a machine that the agent can't talk to correctly, we just send of a submission with a full SNMP walk list and with in a week, the machine is then supported.

Are you getting CS Remote to back end directly into your service software?

In NZ we use a local version of Vcare/CS Remote (i assume) which is called Sentinel. this allows the machines to send out a message, by email, wireless GSM or by fax. we can keep an eye on parts life (% left to go etc), jams (in all areas), toner levels (% remaining), meter readings (by the minute if required).

our service system automatically sends out the required toner when the level reaches 25% remaining and can email a specific technician to attend to a specific fault with the acurate fault code/part required to fix the machine.

because we can use the GSM method, we can bypass all security on the customer's network as the message never touches their infrastructure.

THEOWL. you mention you use a manufacturer dependant software. PSES is a suitable solution, if you weren't aware, that will snmp with any network connected device and report basic meters etc. if the device is KM then you can get many of the reports that CS remote with supply, without the specific service messages. the readings can be collected at scheduled times to be emailed to various people, uploaded to billing software etc.

Quote Originally Posted by knpgazem View Post
    THEOWL. you mention you use a manufacturer dependant software. PSES is a suitable solution, if you weren't aware, that will snmp with any network connected device and report basic meters etc. if the device is KM then you can get many of the reports that CS remote with supply, without the specific service messages. the readings can be collected at scheduled times to be emailed to various people, uploaded to billing software etc.
    Manufacturer independendant. Our software that we use will correctly read back from Konica Minolta, Xerox, Toshiba, Richo, Lanier, Canon, HP, Lexmark and the list goes on.

PSES is good, but relies on emails for it's alerting solely. The alerts within PSES aren't really that good either. The one good thing about PSES is the SQL back end where by you can do a table query and get raw data straight from the database. This can also be used to backend directly into some service software programs to try and automate toner and meter reading processes. The thing with doing that on a customers site back to yours is that you need direct access to the customers network from yours. Not many IT people like that idea.

The software that we use is manufacturer independant.

If we find a machine that the agent can't talk to correctly, we just send of a submission with a full SNMP walk list and with in a week, the machine is then supported.

Are you getting CS Remote to back end directly into your service software?
    Ah....got it...I forgot you deal with other brands too...

As for Vcare, we have a server that takes the data on predetermined days, with the exception of C-codes, which the machine will send out for help immediately. Currently it is set to manual mode as we are still getting accustomed to it, along with setting up the feature on the hardware already in the field. A bit of a slow process, it takes time to visit all of them as we have to deal with regular service calls and do those machines on a courtesy basis. Eventually it will be tied to our dispatch system.
    ---Groucho Marx

This can also be used to backend directly into some service software programs to try and automate toner and meter reading processes. The thing with doing that on a customers site back to yours is that you need direct access to the customers network from yours. Not many IT people like that idea.

The few sites we have PSES setup we have a good relationship with and can just 'pop' in and grab the raw data whenever we need it. it's really used for the hp laser printers, which we need to get meters off regularly for billing. we soley rely on vcare/sentinel for the MFDs because it sends us so much more relevant data, and sends it when it is needed rather than at scheduled intervals.