Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tex has it. I expect that a normal sporadic jam occured and during recovery the card stock was pulled out and bent the plate upward. This leads to the consistent jamming you are experiencing now.

Card stock is defined by weight, but we should really create a stiffness index for it too. One 160gram paper might be stiffer than another brand/type in 250grams.

The double LCT, cassette 4&5, will doubtless make your life much easier, but stiff cardstock will always jam more often than paper.

Technician
    I stand to be corrected, but I am sure that these rollers are not even used when paper is fed from the bypass.

The person that is complaining that putting too much weight on the bypass roller will not allow the ADU to open:

Dudley mentioned correctly if additional weights are used 'You may have to adjust the spring pressure that is used to raise the feed roller back up(its the screw in the slotted hole to the rear of the tire assembly)'

Question Re: Excessive Jamming of Cardstock in C6501

Is there a way to adjust the bypass tray guides? (not the guides attached to the ADU that pulls out). When looking at the top and bottom guides where the paper goes vs. the guides that pull it into the main paper path and reg rollers they dont quite line up and there is room for the paper to crash into the upper secondary guide. New rollers are on, checked that the plate mentioned in earlier posts were not bent. But if 256gsm stock were to buckle on the top part of the second set of guides i could see where the rollers would skip on the paper and throw a J-1709. It also seems that the frame/rails must be at an angle because the bottom guides where the paper from the trays feed into the main engine scrape along the bottom of the frame when the ADU drawer is pulled out or put back in.... you can hear the scraping metal.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Excessive Jamming of Cardstock in C6501

Quote Originally Posted by BVulgaris View Post
    Is there a way to adjust the bypass tray guides? (not the guides attached to the ADU that pulls out). When looking at the top and bottom guides where the paper goes vs. the guides that pull it into the main paper path and reg rollers they dont quite line up and there is room for the paper to crash into the upper secondary guide. New rollers are on, checked that the plate mentioned in earlier posts were not bent. But if 256gsm stock were to buckle on the top part of the second set of guides i could see where the rollers would skip on the paper and throw a J-1709. It also seems that the frame/rails must be at an angle because the bottom guides where the paper from the trays feed into the main engine scrape along the bottom of the frame when the ADU drawer is pulled out or put back in.... you can hear the scraping metal.
    first thing to check are the screws for the ADU drawer rails where they attach to the main frame. The best way is to remove the fuser and the whole adu. Then tighten all the screws for the rails. I have had some of them take 6 turns to tighten them, This causes sagging of the adu and misalignment of the adu. It can also cause crocked copies. we are also starting to see loos screws in the C6000/7000 and C8000. We are going to start using blue loctite on them.