Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow C250/C252 Transfer Belt reset help

This is a problem that has plagued our service department for a while. I am new to the site and thought I would see if anyone out there can assist me. We have reset transfer belts on other color Bizhub models (C350, C450, etc) by simply replacing the fuse, but that does not seem to work on the C250 & C252 models. The "replace" message is still there after we replace the fuse. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something that cams upon installation that lets the machine know that there is a new unit? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by OBXtech; 09-15-2009 at 09:36 PM.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar
    Absolutely nothing special about the procedure, we use the same fuses as per the c450, 350 etc. Never ever had a single problem.

just ensure you are using the correct rating fuse, that’s going to be your problem, haven’t got one on hand at the moment to check its value.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C250/C252 Transfer Belt reset help

Same as prior poster, we use the same fuse for the 8031/c350/c450/c250/c252/c352 and the c451 and c203 series.... a 1/16 amp glass fuse... worked every time unless I used the wrong rating fuse by accident!

Regards!
    A!

OK...so I cracked open 2 transfer belts. One is for a C250/C252 and the other is for a C203/C253. The C250 transfer belt has a 200mA fuse and the C203 belt has an 80mA fuse. Interchangable? I wouldn't think so, but maybe I'm crazy. Will the 80mA work in place of a 200mA? From what the last 2 posts state, then my answer is "yes." In my mind this doesn't work, but then again, my mind has let me down before...

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Fuses are available at http://www.digikey.com/
    Transfer Belts
    Replace glass fuse 80ma , counter resets automatically.
    Item # 507-1218-ND is the fuse to blow the transfer belts up to C650
    Fuser Units
    Fuse is wrapped in shrink wrap. Cut it out and splice in a 1/16 ma fuse.
    Item # F2307-ND

Hope this helps Emujo

Technician

help

So how do you replace the fuse? I have read a few posts about how this will reset the "replace transfer unit" warning, but no one has really said how to get to it. Where is the fuse? Thanks

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyl328 View Post
    So how do you replace the fuse? I have read a few posts about how this will reset the "replace transfer unit" warning, but no one has really said how to get to it. Where is the fuse? Thanks
    as you stand at the front of the machine and slide the transfer belt out, its hidden in the front corner of the transfer belt assembly. you need to loosen the top plate with the separator, remove the side plate with 1 screw and one E clip and a spring. you then have access to the little black cover with 2 contacts, you need a precision philips screw driver to open it. the fuse is in that black cover.

Technician

80 ma fuse???

Where can I find a 80ma fuse? I checked 3 hardware stores and radio shack, the lowest rating I can find is .315 amp. Will that work?

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

joey I would not chance using a 315 MA fuse. The OEM Fuse in Canada is a 1/16 A or 62MA we use 63MA fuses because they are readily available, I have been told you can use anything from 50MA to 200MA I personally would try to stay as close to the OEM as possible.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

You can get them from digikey... thats where mine come from (both types, the pico and the glass ones.)

Regards!
    A.