Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Bizhub 600

rasman67

Bizhub 600

I just updated firmware now I am getting a C-C109. Can anyone tell me whats going on with firmware. I updated it to phase 3 Version 30

Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    The code relates to a failure of the finisher firmware to load correctly.Maybe the firmware was corrupt on your usb drive. I would try re-loading using a different drive and a different copy of the firmware. Also if your machine has a ZU unit fitted there is a procedure to go through which is not detailed in the manual. Check your machine configuration, if it has a ZU I can forward you the info.

Cheers

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 600

Which version firmware did you update from?

Some old versions of firmware are unable to update straight to the newest.

If you put the same version firmware on again, this can overcome the issue and clear the error code.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    I have had this issue several times..I believe it is a problem with the firmware sections you are updating. There is a particular sequence to follow (ie mfp controller, image controller) as explained in the service manual. The only way I have been able to resolve this is to leave front door open, power on in trouble reset mode, then with door still open, reload firmware. Something about the 24vdc door interlock makes the update fail. EMujo

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 600

Emujo, you are spot on about the trouble reset. I forgot to mention that.

The problem is the previous version of firmware. Some aren't compatable for upgrading straight to v30 and others are.

Doing the trouble reset (which I forgot to mention) then doing the firmware again turns the incompatable firmware in to compatable firmware. Hence why it works the second time the firmware loaded.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

rasman67
    thanks for the help the customer is back up and running now

kjsoll1974

C-C109

I am working on a Konica bizhub 751 with and FS-525 finisher that was not recognizing the finisher. We installed a new finisher control board and now it will not let us update the finisher firmware. The machine codes out with the C-C109 error and when we get into service mode to update the firmware the machine locks up. Trouble reset doesn't work. All out of ideas