Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    redime
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwitechnician View Post
    Rezraz? are there any feedback?

Have you sorted it out already ?
    F26-3 can be a bunch of things, from main motor fail, drum blade flip, bound up DV unit, the board... could probably name another half dozen things that will pop this code.

Take a bite out of high priced service

Pull up the latest all solutions and do a search for any Konica Model

omnitech
    So sorry, a simple DV change cured the problem.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezraz View Post
    Hi,
    Does anybody know this problem? Appreciate a feedback, if possible.

Thanks, rezraz
    My friend, i am telling you my true story of fighting against this code. seven days before a customer call me to repair a machine 7020 having code f-26-3. i changed developer but "L detect shows 0006" and machine showing the same code then i clean sensor in developer unit, sensor in drum unit near cleaning blade and then i clean toner unit (behind the machine) and flush all toner from toner unit and change tds. but machine is same. THEN I OPENED THE BACKSIDE COVER OF THE MACHINE AND I CHANGED ONE CHIP (ONE THE BOARD YOU CAN SEE ONE BATTERY CHIP). THEN MACHINE STARTS WORKING AND MY PROBLEM SOLVED. now i am using same old drum and developer but no error code.

i am very happy.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts smiley's Avatar
    actualy threres nothing to do with that board icb.its the software swithc you have to turn on the 3-7. but you realy need a tds sensor for that problem.
    there is no glory without sacrifice

redime
    Quote Originally Posted by Techace View Post
    My friend, i am telling you my true story of fighting against this code. seven days before a customer call me to repair a machine 7020 having code f-26-3. i changed developer but "L detect shows 0006" and machine showing the same code then i clean sensor in developer unit, sensor in drum unit near cleaning blade and then i clean toner unit (behind the machine) and flush all toner from toner unit and change tds. but machine is same. THEN I OPENED THE BACKSIDE COVER OF THE MACHINE AND I CHANGED ONE CHIP (ONE THE BOARD YOU CAN SEE ONE BATTERY CHIP). THEN MACHINE STARTS WORKING AND MY PROBLEM SOLVED. now i am using same old drum and developer but no error code.

i am very happy.
    So you replaced the NVRAM?

You'll see the machine back in for the same, or very similar issues... mark my words It may take 1-3 months based on volume, but you just faked the machine out telling it that it had good values for your L-Detect to get it running.

Not really sure this is a "cure" for your issue. Please do come back if/when the machine comes back in for service to let us know what the real issue is. Ive seen wrong toner bottles in machines, katun put the wrong bottle in the wrong box, and customer managed to get it in pretty easily. Seen SOOooooo many different things leading to this code. It can be really tricky.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Konica 7020 "Service Call F-26-3"

What does Sw3-7 do as its not listed in the service manual ?

I too have had this one many a time if the dev has been correctly installed before as new then its usually just a case of the dev way past its sell by date.

If you run L-detect the code you get usually gives you a decent hint.
    004 - Usually a bad td sensor
    005 - Bad Dev (you will never change this code tried everything and its always new dev)
    006 - Dirty sensor on drum

New dev on L-detect is usually between 55-70 so that always will give you an idea on how decent the dev is.

I've seen it once on the 7222 with the wrong toner which involves a major strip down of drum, recycle, dev just to remove all the wrong toner from the machine very costly.

Does anyone know what the actual number on L-detect means I always just figured it was arbitrary number to give a guide but not really sure to be honest.

3-7n in sofware swicht it will desable toner sensor and let you use the machine even it is over tone or have a error code f26-2 or 26-3.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Konica 7020 "Service Call F-26-3"

wow thats a handy one didnt know you could do that. So if you had this at a customers would it let the machine run till you get some new dev or will it just use the toner thats in the dev unit and just never add more ?

yes it will just used the toner only on the dev.it will never drop toner from the cartrigde.