Quote Originally Posted by serginho_vl View Post
Yeah, but what about the C250 IU's? I've had IU's loosing developer at 3000 copies or white lines at 5000 copies...
As you said, the machine is much easier to use because of the Emperon controller so the C351/C450 are a good choice because they have C350 like IU's and C250 like print controller.

I've lost count the number of 350 (or 351/450) IUs that died a premature death. Most of the time, that is because the dev bias (HV board side or even IU) wasn't 100% making a full on contact or there is a problem with bias setting or the HV board is failing. This I learned from the guys in the Training Center here in Calgary. It happens in almost all the machines, 352, 353 right on up to 650s. I have found 3 machines with lousy hv contact. We use star type washers soldered to the underside of the board and this solved the problem in those machines.

But aside from that, I value the machine for user friendliness and ease of use. The C350 simply doesn't make the grade when dealing with the more advanced functionality it is capable of. Cannot create one touches from the control panel is my biggest peeve. Followed sharply by limits to user controls relative to the C351/450. Even our sales reps are starting to recognize this.