Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    I believe you said you have USER AUTHENT turned on correct? If you are not "logged in" (via the control panel on the copier) then it won't scan the calibration chart. (at least it wouldn't on the C500's)
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dljorg View Post
    Amen to the drawing and quartering of sales people who do not sell equipment that will mean the customer is satisfied. Service ALWAYS gets the short end of that stick..
    Truth be told, the customer was the one being extremely cheap on the sale. The machine was sold with the extreme bare essentials, no finisher, no large capacity tray. The sales rep tried, but in the end, the customer is a cheap sob. Thankfully they are not getting us to calibrate the machine for them, aside from my one foray....and thankfully they are barely using the machine. Since the machine was installed, they barely have 80 thousand clicks. Truth be told, they were oversold on the unit, but considering they want to do business cards with the thing, a C650 isn't enough of a machine to handle card stock the 5501 can do.

There is now a patch for Fiery System version 2.1 to fix the ColorCal thing - run automatic updates from CWS or the Windows Start menu on the Fiery.
    This patch you speaking of, I found no reference to it in the TSB. The fiery is up to date on all the patches, automatic updates are enabled. It still does this. My impression is the machine itself and not the fiery, is the culprit, since the problem has to do with user authentication. Turning that off is the only solution. Logging in does nothing to fix the problem.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C5501 - IC 408 Calibration off glass

I can never get my 5501 to scan that chart either. But to be honest it makes no difference anyway. After a pm I just run all my adjustments except that one and the customer is happy. They too have a barebones 5501, no extra trays or finisher. Its in a print shop and they are happy when I leave. They also realize that it may not be absolutely perfect (although its pretty close) without the proper calibration equipment.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    We have, because of this customer and a few others, bought an ES1000 for the service calls that require it. For me, I just cannot leave a machine after a PM without the calibration. Partly pride in the product and mostly like I left my fly undone, this would bother me at some level.

It is possible to do the calibration with the chart, just turn off authentication, do the adjust and turn it back on. The only drawback however, is the chart calibration is rudimentary. The ES1000 is about 1000 times better, but that is a given.

And of course, some shops, though picky, are also quite able to "adjust on the fly" when colours don't quite match a certain pantone.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: C5501 - IC 408 Calibration off glass

Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    I believe you said you have USER AUTHENT turned on correct? If you are not "logged in" (via the control panel on the copier) then it won't scan the calibration chart. (at least it wouldn't on the C500's)
    Hi There,
    I also have C500 with S300 Fiery I can print the "Colorcal Measurement Page" and when I replaced measurement page with "Kodak Gray Scale" on platen glass as I used to do before and I tried to calibrate it says "Measurement Page is not Detected" I cleaned the optic still no luck. By the way The fiery calibrate with another C500 and it's not the cable either. And as you mentioned above about USER AUTHENTICATION or COPY TRACK on the machine. I'm not sure what you mean exactly by those can you please give me more information or explain me how to do these steps. I would greatly appreciated any help as I'm totally dependent your given information now,
    Thanks in advance.

Oz

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Onetouch View Post
    Hi There,
    I also have C500 with S300 Fiery I can print the "Colorcal Measurement Page" and when I replaced measurement page with "Kodak Gray Scale" on platen glass as I used to do before and I tried to calibrate it says "Measurement Page is not Detected" I cleaned the optic still no luck. By the way The fiery calibrate with another C500 and it's not the cable either. And as you mentioned above about USER AUTHENTICATION or COPY TRACK on the machine. I'm not sure what you mean exactly by those can you please give me more information or explain me how to do these steps. I would greatly appreciated any help as I'm totally dependent your given information now,
    Thanks in advance.

Oz
    Are you in Ontario Ca? We service that area I'd be more than happy to come out on a service call bases and help you out.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    Are you in Ontario Ca? We service that area I'd be more than happy to come out on a service call bases and help you out.
    I used to live in Ontario Canada but I moved to Montreal Quebec a year ago.