Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    dwalto01

printing with bizhub C350

I am trying to print 20 copies of a 6.01 mb file. Total size is 57.6mb. It takes over an hour to spool. Is this a printer problem or my computers problem? I print 3000 copies of these files and they all need to be from original. Sometimes after it spools for ever( 20 min or so), the print dialogue box comes up and says printer error, and deletes the job....but I cannot figure out what the print error is. I am thinking it is the size of the file. Any suggestions? I am trying to find a reputable service company in the Green Bay area to service this machine, but the only one in town is not so reputable. Any suggestions you have to help me would be great!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar

)

Quote Originally Posted by dwalto01 View Post
    I am trying to print 20 copies of a 6.01 mb file. Total size is 57.6mb. It takes over an hour to spool. Is this a printer problem or my computers problem? I print 3000 copies of these files and they all need to be from original. Sometimes after it spools for ever( 20 min or so), the print dialogue box comes up and says printer error, and deletes the job....but I cannot figure out what the print error is. I am thinking it is the size of the file. Any suggestions? I am trying to find a reputable service company in the Green Bay area to service this machine, but the only one in town is not so reputable. Any suggestions you have to help me would be great!

What kind of file is it?

If it is a PDF, when you print the image, set the "print as image" option. You can find it on the first dialog window when you go to print, click the "advanced" button on the bottom of this window. This forces AcReader to flatten the content of document and print everything on a page as a single image, regardless of the number of images you have on the page. Text is included in this.

The net result is a noticeable increase in print performance.

Most of the time, when printing becomes slow, it has to do with how the images were embedded in the document and what DPI size they were before. Many "wannabe" graphics artists will drop a raw 10Mpixel image into the document and send it off. This is fine with GDI printers like HP, but not with machines like...well, EVERY KM truth be told, which has its own image processor built in.

The GDI printers, image rendering is done on the PC side, all others, image rendering is done within the printer. Raw data is sent over the pipe to the printer to render the files. Embed a 10MP image into a single page, that entire 10MP date is sent to the printer for the printer to figure out how to deal with it.

I often recommend that people take their images and using a photo editor, reduce the image to anything under 600DPI. Most of the time, you will never be able to see the difference. Perhaps a bit fuzzy due to dithering. This helps in the print process considerably, especially with programs like word or power point or publisher.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    If this is a microsoft app then DO NOT use the copy count on the print driver screen. Use the copy selection in the printer properties screen. It will come back to the driver screen. This send one copy of the job with a repeat call at the printer. The other way sends the number of copies to the printer. (20 copies of the job in your case) which is why it takes sooooo long. Also on the print driver screen see if the collate button is checked if it is then uncheck it.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

dwalto01

copy count

I am trying to print a microsoft publisher document (I am the "wannabe"), and I am using large graphics. I have been looking through the user guide and tried the copy function. I have to print 3000 of the same file (we print and distribute business flyers). I tried to print and hold then reprint, but I can't find a selection to reprint more than one at a time. Is this possible?

Sending to the printer is fine when I am only needing one copy, but when I need 3000 copies, it errors out. I also can't send 10 to the printer at a time because it is sooo large. I also can't just copy the original because it does not come out as crisp...it looks like a copy. Any suggestions?

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    When you select print and the popup window is there use the drop down arrow to select the printer.
    then on the lower right uncheck the colate box
    then goto printer properties and select all the options you need then select the number of copies form here.
    return to the print popup and click ok and see if this works.. I would start with 10-20 then go up til you find a limit.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    I would highly recommend you crop your images before you drop them in publisher.

Use MS Photo Editor, or PaintShop or whatever program allows you to drop the DPI count in your images. Believe me, you are not going to get better output than 600 DPI on this machine. The pixel reduction will help with the memory issue.

There was no mention whether you had a hard drive in the machine. This too will have a bearing on how large a job you can do. To know if you have a hard drive, click the "Box" hard key on the control panel. If you can access the screen attached to this, you have an internal hard drive. Also, memory is a bit important too. There should be 512mb on board. You can web into the machine to determine what you have, or print out a configuration sheet.

I would also recommend that you obtain a fiery controller if you do not have one on this machine. With the fiery, you can load the file onto the fiery, and using a program called Command Workstation, manipulate the file that is stored on the fiery. Send one copy to the machine, and through command workstation, edit the print settings, even colour and much much more, to send to the printer. The performance increase with one is significant.

But ultimately, my recommendation is to drop the POS and get into something a bit newer. Even a 351 is leaps and bounds better.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    printing with bizhub C350

I agree 100% with MR. Spock.

The collate option is sneding the 1 job to the printer 3000 times which creates a nightmare as you have seen.

The collate option was used for older 'dumb' printers which could print pages in order. To get around that, Microsoft built in the collate option into their apps so that the print job would be sent as 'Page1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 1, Page2, Page3, Page1, etc.'

Most modern copier and printers now have enough memory in them to hold the entire job and then print the ammount of copies that is required.

The Collate button is the devil I tell you!!! lol

The other thing is, which print controller are you using?
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.