Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keystonenew View Post
    Just called HyTech board repair in FLorida & they work on Konica minolta. Their tech said its probably just the power supply & has rebuilt ones in stock, so one is being overnighted to us. Hopefully, it'll work & I sure appreciate this site & all your input, too. Will keep you posted.
    There are control signals that go from the power supply to other boards, like the printer control board, multifunction control board, C-board that possibly have been damaged as well. Unlike power line spikes that can sometimes transient through the PSU the odd time, this is something that quite likely damaged many other components throughout your machine. It all has to do with the voltage tolerance of those components. Doubling the voltage through the machine may have severely done damage to the voltage regulator circuits from the PSU, and that voltage, whatever it might have been, can wreak havoc elsewhere.

What I am saying is, do not be surprised if one of those other boards is indeed damaged and causes a feedback failure to your NEW PSU, taking that out yet again, or does further damage elsewhere. As I said, it is best to have a KM tech involved, they can remove the appropriate components and reinstall them for you, you can still have the third party do the repairs, or go through KM technical repair center. Not doing so may cost you a lot more in the long run.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Installed the new power supply, ran a dedicated circuit w/ correct amperage, etc & it fired right up. Got code C3B04 & reset the machine & it appears to be up & running. Was sweatin bullets, so a $200 fix ain't too bad. Bet my friend will never do that again!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Wow....good show....

yer friend owes you a couple cases of beer I think.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    A beer awaits as soon as we get one more problem resolved. The fuser temp is fine, but we got a codeC3B02/3/4 code & cleared the code. Got full display, but the start button flashes orange & we can't copy anything. Called Hytec & tech says to reflash the firmware. Does that take a Konica rep to do that? We called a local repair company, but haven't heard back. Its a $160 service call to flash it, so that isn't bad, but they also said it could be a bad printer control board, but Hytec can't test a C650 board. Is there anyway we can reflash it ourselves? Any recoommendations are appreciated. Thanks for the help & Wish we could buy you a beer, too.

The Power supply to the fuser unit ( IH power supply ) and/or the fuser unit coil are shagged...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JSC View Post
    The Power supply to the fuser unit ( IH power supply ) and/or the fuser unit coil are shagged...
    That's what I thought, & wanted to have Hytec overnite an IH power supply, but their tech said he's seen this scenario hapen & the firmware was the issue. I was going to try that first & then order the IH power supply. If we replace the fuser unit coil, do we have to replace the IH power supply, too? If the fuser temp is at operating temp & modulating correctly, could it still be the coil? How pricey are they & are they difficult to install? We do have a service repair manual on CD. Thanks.

but their tech said he's seen this scenario hapen & the firmware was the issue.
    Well you could always try the firmware 1st as it would be the cheaper option, but given the history of this fault my money ( sorry i mean your money ) would be on the board.

The coil is located behind the fsr unit and the fsr power supply is below the ops panel and above the main on\off switch, not to bad to fit, but make sure you wire the ac connections correctly.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Well you could always try the firmware 1st as it would be the cheaper option, but given the history of this fault my money ( sorry i mean your money ) would be on the board.

The coil is located behind the fsr unit and the fsr power supply is below the ops panel and above the main onoff switch, not to bad to fit, but make sure you wire the ac connections correctly.
    Thanks & found an older post w/ the link to the R5 Firmware upgrade, but its a Canadian version. Is that ok to download for our US C650?

Thanks & found an older post w/ the link to the R5 Firmware upgrade, but its a Canadian version. Is that ok to download for our US C650?
    I don't see why the Canadian version should be any different from the US version.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I don't see why the Canadian version should be any different from the US version.
    I just tried to download the link from an earlier post for the firmware & its only an acrobat file & there's no software link.