Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Konica 7272 dropping developer

GREY PAGES, sounds like main charge, i would replace the charge wires first. If they have more then 1 machines, i would swap parts before spending money on a full PM kit. IF that doesnt do it, I would look for some shorts. I have seen conductive gresses fix a bunch of odd issues like this. If there is dev at the top of bottom of each page - THEN ITS A CHARGE GRID ISSUE.

NEED MORE INFO ON METER AND COUNT OF MAJOR SUPPLIES.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The machine has only 59000 copies on its counter. The developer is just changed. Cleaned all the grids and they seem to be ok. the grey backgound prints on the whole page not a particular area. They start from about 5% grey to 50% with number of copies printed. Suppose I start printing the first copy comes out clean and then after making 10 copies it starts 5% grey and then at 200 copies it is 50% grey and so on....

can you email me a scan of the 1, 50th and the 200th.

cant really tell if you have a image being produced or not. If its jsut grey, no image, it has to be somthing with the charge/transfer units.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I don't know if you will be able to see the scanned copy. The text and graphics printed are ok. Just grey background (like a dirty print). I can email you the copies - what is your email address.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Sorry, I try to scan but the scanner did not pick up the background. It is like a grey dust in the background which gets darker. When turn off the machine and start next day it starts printing ok but after some copies it starts printing grey dust in the background. Maybe I will change the drum and cleaning blade next week and see if it improves. I am really grateful for your kind help.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thanks methogod. I changed the drum and cleaning blade and new developer. All the problems are solved. No dropping toner, and grey backgrounds. Thanks a lot.

no problem...

IF you know a dealer who will sell at cost i need parts - having some trouble getting KM items at cost.

Especially items for my C451

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Konica 7272 dropping developer

I am back again with the same problem of toner dropping in my KM 5510. The toner drops on the bottom grid especially more on the back side than front side. At 65000 I changed the drum, developer and cleaning blade and the problem was solved. Now at 104,000 I have the same problem. I changed the cleaning blade and the problem still exists. I also cleaned the filter. What is service cycle of these machines. Do I need to change the drum and developer again? Or there is any other solution to this problem. This is the worst copier I have seen my life.

Re: Konica 7272 dropping developer

We had the same issue, try some conductive grease on the back of the drum, where the drum makes metal contact to the rear of the machine. It didnt take much but we had this issue for a while, tried alot to fix it. Other time it was just consumables or other issues with parts.

What is the meter count?
    What is the PM count? Drum Count Dv count?

What stock are they printing on? are they printing volume.

The 7255 or your version of it, has some known limitation, its not meant to be a production machine, the heat will cause other failures.

What is the count on the DV unit?

Are you using OEM everything? Toner? Drum? Etc...

Have you gone though the adjustments, HV adjustments, Drum Perc, etc.

call me if you want to go over this step by step you have to eliminate the most common issues first.