Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Konica 7272 dropping developer

Post Konica 7272 dropping developer

just a line about .5 inch or less across the top of regular 8.5x11 paper (LEF). Changed DV units, changed PM units, adjusted voltage...

Still will run clean for 3000-5000 copies then it appears, looks like a buildup of toner on the grid, once clean, will again run 3K-5K clean.

I am swapping charge units off another machine today, ill post if that fixes, but I am at a loss, machine has total of 780K, its all printing no copies.

Aways prints from LCT, face up. Rollers are new, PM is new, drum is new.

Any ideas...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts TonerMonkey's Avatar
    This is an old old problem which hasn't really been resolved by KM, I think it's because of recirculating toner but all sorts of workarounds have been tried to sort it like inserting conductor between the dev bias contact and mag roller, changing mag angle, restatrting machine and cleaning all toner out of process section etc etc but without much success.

Maybe someone else has had more success but as far as I know it's one of those problems that doesn't affect every machine nor has a definite solution.

yes...

Like I said, I have does all this, didnt change the mag angle or anything but i have 6 other 7272/7255 and never had this issue.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts TonerMonkey's Avatar

ok ......

get the message although I thought you might like the benefit of someone having worked on hundreds of 7272's and not being able to find a solution but when you find out what it is be sure to let KM know because they don't seem to have a solution for it either.

If you're having trouble with this issue then keep your head up if you don't find a fix for it is the point I'm trying to make.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    One thing to do is be sure to vac out the ducting for the dev unit. (fan on the right side of the machine has a filter, vac that out)

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Check the drum and be sure to use original toner(the Katun one fucks up the inner parts of the dev box).I was having the same problem with Bizhub600,after replacing the drum and the developer the things went to normal.

Great HELP...

My copier guy is great, so i'm sure between your suggestions and some bearings he suggested we will figure it out.

Worst case it becomes a parts machine, and I get a new 1050e or 920.

thanks,

I have the solution, turns out the drum bearings were ARKing out, a bit of conductive grease and a proper cleanign did the trick.

Ordered all 4 bearings and the drum shaft, will post if it comes back....

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Hey Methogod, what kind of conductive grease are you using? I've been looking around for something similar, but have come up completely empty. Plenty of thin, spray-on contact cleaners or dielectrics, but no real conductive grease. I'm guessing it's some sort of thick graphite-type grease that you can pack into the bearing raceways?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Konica Minolta Dialta 5510

I am also having the toner/developer dropping problem. Also when the page is printed it comes out grey (the whole paper is greyed out, like a grey background). Any solution? Pl note that I have already poured new developer in the unit and using original toner and developer. Cleaned in and around the developer unit and grids.