Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    worker drone 250+ Posts
    the 1st choice is what you want. After that, you will see the screen arranged in 2 separate sections and an on/off selection to the far right. The first group of numbers should use the arrows until it shows 4. The second set should be set to 0 and then touch the off box on the far right side.

Again, you are in a dangerous area. Changing other switch settings either on purpose or by accident could cause much grief!

If that does not fix it, I would bet that you will have to have someone familiar with the machine and Konica's ISW tool to re-flash the machine and hope for the best at that point.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I am sorry, the screen is different than you described.

_______ _________ __________
    | 01 | - | 0 | | On (1) |
    -------- ----------- ------------
    Arrow Up Arrow Up

Arrow Down Arrow Down __________
    | Previous |
    | Screen |
    ------------

If you change any value in box 1 or 2 that does not stay and there is no way to turn on or off or reset anything.

worker drone 250+ Posts
    touch the far left 01 until it turms dark gray, then use the up arrow to change it to 4. then touch the second set of numbers until they turn gray, use up or down arrow until it says 0. Then touch the off button, then you can hit previous screen and turn machine off and on.

Again, check and doublecheck the numbers before you make changes!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thank you Coptech. Your instructions were great and I was able to turn on the machine. There is no SC81-01 anymore. The machine is working fine. I really appreciate your kind help.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Hi Coptech
    I need your help once again. I have another problem. I stacked paper in tray one's extra space (about 500 sheets) and loaded paper 8 1/2 x 11 paper in the tray (about 100 sheets) and pushed the tray in. I believe due to the paper in the extra space the tray could not go up and now I am getting add paper sign even if the paper is in the tray. Would you kindly adivse me who to fix this problem. thanks
    I had 81-01 this morning and I fixed it again with the instructions that you had given me.

worker drone 250+ Posts
    That is not for extra paper storage no matter how much it looks like a good polace to store paper. You are correct in that it stopped the tray lift. If you took all the paper out except for the paper that is supposed to be there, and turn the machine off and on, does it work again? Is the tray indication on the display normal or is it grayed out?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    That is not for extra paper storage no matter how much it looks like a good polace to store paper. You are correct in that it stopped the tray lift. If you took all the paper out except for the paper that is supposed to be there, and turn the machine off and on, does it work again? Is the tray indication on the display normal or is it grayed out?

I tried to turn the machine on and off taking all the extra paper out. The paper tray indicdation is blinking and add paper in tray one is displaying on the screen.

worker drone 250+ Posts
    Usually, when there is something stopping the tray lift, the machine will disable that tray and has to be reset using a different dipswitch setting. However, they gray out the paper tray on the display when they do. If it is still blinking, it sounds to me like it popped a cable, or an ICP that drives the lift motor. I honestly think you need on-site service on this one. I could be wrong, but it sounds more serious to me. If there is no local service, call 1-800-456-6422 and they will help you find a nearby service center.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    what is the procedure to enable the tray in the service mode?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    If I click on the tray one indicator on the panel it greys out and stops blinking.