Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Konica 8050 error SC81-01

The machine was running ok and turned the machine off. Few days later I turned it on and I am getting Error code SC81-01. Will someone let me know what this code means and how I can get rid of it. thanks

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Konica 8050 error SC81-01

Thumbs up

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment
    from The Internet's largest collection of manuals

Paul@justmanuals.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Press and hold keys 2 and 5 > Enter data collection > Enter position 11 ( special count ) > Reset counter > Yes > Turn off > Turn on and you should be okay About the code you can check in the service manual AND please don't buy em, you need to search for 5-10 min in theeeeee goooooogle and you will find them free :P
    Have fun

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by copyplus View Post
    The machine was running ok and turned the machine off. Few days later I turned it on and I am getting Error code SC81-01. Will someone let me know what this code means and how I can get rid of it. thanks
    According to the manual....

81-01

A printer control ROM software is not installed that is corresponding to the material changeover setting.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    sorry, I was away from my business for sometime. I just got back and tried 2 and 5 data collection but there is no 11 special count. if I hit data collection, it shows me 5 options for copy counts, radf count, etc and when I hit those option, I cannot change anything. Would someone, please elaborate a little more for me. I will appreciate. thanks

worker drone 250+ Posts
    25 mode, set dipsw 4-0 to 0

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by copyplus View Post
    sorry, I was away from my business for sometime. I just got back and tried 2 and 5 data collection but there is no 11 special count. if I hit data collection, it shows me 5 options for copy counts, radf count, etc and when I hit those option, I cannot change anything. Would someone, please elaborate a little more for me. I will appreciate. thanks
    To elaborate for you, this error code deals with the firmware or software program written to the circuit boards that control the machine. If you are not a trained technician, you should call one before things get worse.

It is a serious problem if the error code does not clear by simply turning the main power off/on. Call someone who is trained to repair this equipment.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    would you kindly elaborate little more? How I can find to dipsw after I go to diagnostic mode 2 5. thanks

worker drone 250+ Posts
    Consider the warning given but turn machine on while holding the 2 and 5 keys. When it comes to life, there is a dipswitch mode or memory switch or smoething like that. you want switch 4 bit 0 and set to 0 or Off. I don't know why it would happen out of the blue. Are you certain nobody tried to reflash the machine or swapped a board out of it?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    No one touched the machine. I turned the machine off and did not use it for few days and when I turned it back on I got error sc81-01. the machine was not even moved from its location.

at 2 and 5 I get the following:
    1. software sw setting
    software switch setting mode 00
    01 -- 0 On (1) (If I change anything on this page, it goes back
    Off (0) 01 and 0 On(1) and off (0)
    2. paper size 3. pm count 4. data collection
    5. parts counter 6. password setting 7. telephone No. setting
    8. M/C serial # setting 9. Indication of ROM version
    10. some setting (not visible)
    11. ISW 12.setting date input 13. board change mode

I really appreciate the help. I also recognize the warning by emb.

I called the technician in June to install the machine. The guy from Konica/minolta in Burnaby, Canada did not know anything about colorforce 8050 and was unable even to hookup the machine and then I have to post on copiertech to get help.