Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Bizhub C450 scanning setup?

Hey all, I am trying to set up scanning to PC on a bizhub C450. Does anyone have the steps required to do this? I know you need Pagescope Cabinet installed on the host PC (version?)

I'm a little stuck (again)

thanks!

Technician
    remote fiery scan installed? you need the proper software.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

PageScope Cabinet is for when you want to scan to FTP. So assuming that this is how you are trying to setup the machine, try the following:

1. Setup the home folder within PageScope Cabinet
    2. Make sure that you enable FTP throught the firewall (port 21)
    3. Make sure you can make a connection to the FTP server (PSC) from another PC. See below for how to test.
    4. Create a one touch on the copier. See below for details.
    5. Try a Scan.

FTP Connection Test - On another PC, get a command prompt up and type in 'ftp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' (replace x's with IP address of computer running PSC). Use the login credentials that you have setup in PSC. Default is anonymous for the username and password. If this connects correctly, then you know that the copier will be able to talk to PSC correctly.

One Touch Settings - Setup a new FTP one touch. Use the IP address (or host name if DNS is setup correctly) as the destination and put in a '/' as the path. This will make the scans go to the home folder that you setup in PSC. If there is a child directory under the home directory then type in that folder name without the /.

Hope this helps. If you can't get PSC going, I can strongly suggest that you try Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) which is built into most versions of Windows. I even have a document on how to install it and set it up.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I still can't get this bloody C450 to scan! I have tried all the steps above and still nothing. I can print to the thing fine but when I try to scan it appears to begin sending it fine, only to hang for an age and then eventually tell me there has been an error.

I have setup scanning to file on the C350's fine on loads of occasions but this C450 seems to have a slightly different web interface and options. Can anyone help me?

a step by step walkthrough would be ever so lovely...

(I am using Pagescope Cabinet version 2.0.4)

thanks in advance!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawTorn View Post
    I still can't get this bloody C450 to scan! I have tried all the steps above and still nothing. I can print to the thing fine but when I try to scan it appears to begin sending it fine, only to hang for an age and then eventually tell me there has been an error.

I have setup scanning to file on the C350's fine on loads of occasions but this C450 seems to have a slightly different web interface and options. Can anyone help me?

a step by step walkthrough would be ever so lovely...

(I am using Pagescope Cabinet version 2.0.4)

thanks in advance!
    Using Cabinet can be tricky. The program itself is an FTP client and it needs to be running in order for you to successfully scan to it.

Is there any reason you are choosing to use this method, ie, FTP?

If there isn't any particular reason, I recommend you use SMB. It is by far simpler to use. If you are familiar with windows sharing, SMB makes use of that feature. You set up a folder for sharing. Allow network users to change files within that folder (this allows the copier to actually write documents to that shared folder). Web into the machine (type the IP address (without the http://) in your browser. You will see a scan tab there. Click the tab, and click "new registration". You will be presented with a list of several options. Select the "SMB" radial and click next.

The new screen will show you a few fields. You should see a "name" field, along with host address and file path fields. The host address can be either the IP address (if the computer you are sending the file to has a fixed IP), or the computer's physical name (this requires the DNS settings to be filled in in network settings) if you are using a DHCP server for your network. There is no requirement for any fancy slants or dot convention. Just the simple name itself.

The file path field, just the name of the shared folder itself. Again, no fancy slants required. Unless of course you have sub folders within that share for multiple users, then you would use a slant and include the sub folder name for the specific user or group.

The next field would be the login name and password for that specific computer. Some people do not use a login and password for their computer, so filling these fields is not required. However, if you do use a login ID and password for that computer, you would fill in the same information in those fields as you would for the PC in question.

The index option, if you click and select "main", will place the one touch on the first screen available in the address book. Easier than using the rolodex index by default.

Save the data and back out. Try a scan.

If you get an error message, you can review the log in the job log listing, found on the left side of the screen of the copier. Select job list, then touch the scan tab, and under that heading, touch job history. In there you will see a list of scans that were attempted. Select the most recent scan that failed. On the right side of the screen, you will see a "details" button, tap that. A new screen will appear. You should see the error detail here. Typical error messages I usually see are "server connect error", which simply means that either the IP address programmed into the one touch was wrong, or there is a problem with the computer (not connected or turned on) or that the DNS router is not returning an ip based on the name used (if you choose to use a computer name instead of an IP address).

The second error I usually see is "authentication error", which simply means the login name and/or password are incorrect...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Further options on the machine are "Box" scan. Basically, you can scan documents directly to the hard drive of the copier itself, and retrieve those documents via the web interface. This has huge potential benefits above that of any of the other scan options the machine has. Simply speaking, it is the easiest to set up and make use of, doesn't require any security settings (though you can optionally password protect any user box created), and is as easy to use as your internet browser for downloading any other file off the internet, you can do the same for the user box. Again in the browser, tap in the IP address of the copier and the first screen available with the assorted tabs, one will be called "Box". Click that, and you will see the assorted "boxes" (assuming you created any previously, similar to making a one touch for SMB). Clicking on any of those will let you see the contents of the box, if anything was scanned there.

This link here is the official Konica Minolta support site.

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase

You can download all these manuals for a more indepth explanation of what I described, complete with pictures and all that.

Hope this helps you. If you need more assistance, let us know.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Drummerboy5678

Re: Bizhub C450 scanning setup?

Hello!
    I have two questions regarding this post... How do I find the ip address of my bizhub c450 printer? Also can I use smb to scan with my Mac as well?
    Thanks for your time!
    Chris

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C450 scanning setup?

Utility - User Settings - Printer Settings - Print Report - Configuration Page

That will get you the network details of your machine. And yes, you can scan to SMB on your Mac, you just need to enable it under sharing. I think it is called something like Windows File Sharings.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.