Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Bizhub 350/NEC IT3530 "Original on Glass" issue

Ok...
    Installed this machine at a customers, week and a half later it pulls this "Original left on glass" anytime you put anything into the ADF. If you lift it just enough to flip the 15% and open sensors, then back down it's fine.
    So far I've realigned the ADF repeatedly, replaced the Original Detect sensors, cleaned the glass top and bottom, and even replaced the entire ADF.
    I've even attempted to do the "original detect max/min" settings.
    Next on my list is replace the CCD.
    Just wanted to know if anyone had a "Duh it's this you moron" for me before I tear into it again.
    And a note, this IS an IT3530 (same thing as bizhub 350 but with the NEC firmware)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Check the white plate that is on the under side of the adf. if it is shifted to far it sees the gap as paper on the glass.

Probably not much help but had this fault a few times and its always been the df that needed aligned to sort that problem.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    I don't know if you can test this one like the C353, but I made the ADF/CCD dertermination by putting the device in test mode and watching the APS sensors for functionality. Once I saw they were working, I looked at what size the MFP was judging the paper to be. It seemed to be detecting the wrong width each time so I assumed the CCD was the culprit. Swapped it out and problem resolved. Sounds like your ADF open/close and open angle detection are working fine. Usually, if these are working, you have the ADF postioned correctly. EMujo

Well I've reset the white plate repeatedly to make sure it wasn't picking up any edges. I'm going to let it sit over the Thanksgiving Weekend and then go with a CCD and do some more testing/adjusting/playing to see what it ends up being. If/when I get the issue fixed I'll post what did it for future reference.
    Enjoy your thanksgiving weekends guys and thanks for the help!

Ok, called NEC and we've replaced the 15 degree sensor, adjusted it. Replaced/aligned the front magnetic sensor (scanner closed sensor), replaced the original size detect sensors (again). Did a RAM clear. Removed and reset the Doc Feeder and aligned it front/back, side/side, and height... STILL getting the problem. Upon the RAM reset though I noticed that the machine was asking for A3 paper, upon further inspection I found that the machine is somehow seeing a piece of A3 paper on the glass CONSTANTLY. We have it manually set to go to 8.5x11 so it's copying no problem and if you lift the scanner enough for the magnetic sensor to trip, but not enough the 15 degree trips... it flips over and allows you to use the ADF.
    At this point NEC told me to try a firmware, then only other two options is the board and the CCD.