Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by brent View Post
    so the book says make sure the connector is connected on the main motor. then replace in order pwb m then pu 1. well in real life I don't have these parts in stock. so has anyone had this problem and does the pwb m usually take care of the problem? fuses? I did not have time to take the machine apart today. I am doing research on this.
    any ideas?

thanks very much.. brent

It is the motor on these models no dought about it.

KM 252 C5102 code

I replaced the M1 motor and the blk IU the machine started up but there was a god awful vibration. Then it threw the C5102 code again and now it will not work again. I am removing everything again and go deeper into the problem. I will be back with the solution. Stay Tuned.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    konica minolta c252  code c5102

Still tuned. What turned out to be the problem?

Cheers!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Ouch! I've had a couple o' these, and it's always been the motor (so far)!

Regards!
    A.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Sometimes this issue can be generated from a binding image unit. Sometimes simply shaking the IU from end to end is enough to loosen up the developer. It's certainly worth the time it takes relative to what is in store with replacing the motor. At my office, this issue is believed to be the catalyst for burning out the driver chips for the motor itself.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Quote Originally Posted by hobietacker View Post
    I replaced the M1 motor and the blk IU the machine started up but there was a god awful vibration. Then it threw the C5102 code again and now it will not work again. I am removing everything again and go deeper into the problem. I will be back with the solution. Stay Tuned.
    Bizhub C250, around 180k-250k with Motor Problems M1 and C-5102 appears constantly, so as Stirton.M said, shaking the imaging unit K or lightening a cleaning unit of the transfer belt runs a few minutes, but the truth is you always have to replace them.

United We Stand
    motor usually does take care of this, I did however have to replace the board one time because the motor was bound by the transfer belt and it blew the board.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

I usually go the hardest route, but with a twist: I disassemble everything to access the motor and then, before swapping it with the color dev motor, I use a finger to turn the main motor around a few times to see if it is turning smoothly or if there's any binding.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

I have the same proplem. but a tec recomended that I should start the machine in multimode without all the IU and see if the motor runs. I really don't know how to go to multimode. I tried 47 on power up but no good. any help? the M1 motor is very hard to find as Konica is out of stock right now.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

So i guess the motors are impossible to fix what actually goes wrong ? Ive changed a few that on inspection look fine but obviously dont spin.

There is no test mode you gotta use cunning and a very bright torch. If you interlock front door you can see drum / belt drive work if you take drums out.