Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

C350 Driver won't print b/w

I have a C350 with standard controller on a 2003 server running an xp virtual print server, when all settings are set to grayscale it will still print in colour.
    I have sent the client a black only driver and prints b/w.
    However the client doesn't really want to use seperate drivers for b/w and colour. anybody come across this before.

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

A lot of applications save the printer setting with the document so even if your driver is set to B/W the application is telling the printer to print in color. Example if you create a document in excel print it in color and save it, the next time you open it and go to print it even if you change the driver to B/W it will still print in color. If you open the document choose print and set the driver to B/W and then close the document without printing it will ask if you want to save your changes if you say yes you have now saved it with the B/W setting.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

printing only colour

All document settings are set to greyscale and this issue is not on a particular doc or programme i have set up docs myself and set to greyscale in print preference and advanced quality tab (word doc, excel ) and will still print colour.
    I also got the cust to set b/w on driver loaded on server and printed test page and it printed in colour. The test page also showed no colour support but was in colour.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Are there any settings on the copier for Default color? Like change it from auto to B/W?

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpdeskGuy View Post
    All document settings are set to greyscale and this issue is not on a particular doc or programme i have set up docs myself and set to greyscale in print preference and advanced quality tab (word doc, excel ) and will still print colour.
    I also got the cust to set b/w on driver loaded on server and printed test page and it printed in colour. The test page also showed no colour support but was in colour.

Might seem generic, but is the print driver the correct version for the firmware level? A quick check is to see if the driver will auto configure for options or not.

Another "obvious", but sometimes mistaken, is to use a generic 350 driver instead of the C350. Or better yet, using a C350 internal controller driver instead of the Fiery driver, or vice versa.

Outside of that, I recommend reflashing and possibly doing an initialize of the machine.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Which version of print driver are you using?

I had a similar issue just this morning with the 1.10 driver on a 2003 box and over came by installing a fresh print queue with the later driver.

Upgrading the existing queue with the new driver didn't help the problem either.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

re replys

latest driver colour and black only driver installed v1.17 co;our and 1.18 b/w mc has standard controller m/c firmware up to date and there is no setting on m/c that will affect colour or b/w printing only default for copying

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Have you tried creating a new print queue though?
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I know the Fiery for this model has a similar problem (printing process black instead of pure black when using external fonts) that has a patch fix. I've never seen it with the standard controller, though.

re reply

When you say installing new print queue do you mean deleting all current driver s and reinstalling if so yes it has been done the site has remote IT so i can only assume this is what they have done because that is what i suggested they do. i even provided new print drivers as listed above.