Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biz Hub C203

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Thanks, but...

This is a great discussion of how to set up the copier to send email, but the point is that the copier is ALREADY set up to send email as described, and it can successfully send email to 11 other users. The problem we are having is setting up a 12th user. That user appears to be set up identically to the other 11 but we get a logon error when we try to send to that user. We can send email to that user from any pc inside or outside the network with no problem, but the copier refuses. We are concerned that we have missed something obscure in the email address setup for that 12th user (can't imagine what, but that's why we posted...) or perhaps there is some sort of limit in this email capability. Thanks for any other suggestions you can offer.

George Hefter (Rob's Boss)

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Once the MFP is configured to send email and tested successfully (internal or external address) that is the end of it. You're getting a login failure message. This means that the MFP is handing off the mail to your exchange server and that server is providing the denial. The MFP does not care after the hand off. Like it or not, something on your side (not the MFP) is causing the issue. Once again, configure the exchange server to relay from the copier IP address and see if that makes any differance. By the way, you still haven't told us if you are using authentication or not. EMujo
    Last edited by emujo; 12-23-2009 at 09:31 PM. Reason: additional info

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    You're getting a login failure message.

By the way, you still haven't told us if you are using authentication or not. EMujo
    I agree.

What are the 11 other email addresses programed? Are they all internal to your organization? Such as

email1@company1.com
    email2@company1.com
    and so on up to
    email11@company1.com

Is the 12th one
    email12@company2.com

company2 being some other domain OUTSIDE your company? Are any of the other one touches to destinations outside your domain?

If the first 11 are internal and the 12th is not, then again...you have to add the copier as a user to the exchange server, OR, you can unsecure your exchange server and open it up to allow anyone to send anything through it, including any unscrupulous phreakers. The latter is certainly not the desirable way to go.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Thank you for all your help

To finish addressing the above suggestions/questions, the email address we get the logon failure for is in the same internal company domain as all the rest of the successful email addresses (i.e. it is name12@company1,com, the others are name1@company1.com through name11@company1.com, and the printer is printer@company1.com).) The printer IS a user in our exchange organization, and we are NOT using authentication.

Based on everything offered here, it seems clear that the problem must be at our exchange server and we will continue to troubleshoot there. All who posted in response to our request have been helpful, gracious, and tolerant and we are grateful for the help in eliminating the copier as the possible source of this problem. Merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous New Year to all of you.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Sandberg View Post
    Merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous New Year to all of you.
    Likewise to your sentiment.

Further diagnostics, if you have not tried them, is to review the job log, left panel.

When in the job log, you can see an assortment of tabs, each specific. Scan tab is the interest here. You will see a "current" and "job history" in there. From there, you can touch the specific jobs, in this case the one that failed. Touch the "Details" button on the lower right of the screen. You should see along the top of the details what kind of error is happening. Most of the time, this is self explanatory.

If you can, post that information.

Also, another way to see if there is something amiss....

You can log in to the copier via Pagescope web tool. Type the IP address of the copier in a web browser (IE seems to be the only one that works with Pagescope), login as administrator, and on the left side, you should see a button "import and export"

You can export the one touch list. Specifically export "just" the address list. If you export the entire thing, you will get a binary file. Just exporting the address list itself will allow you to view the text file. I recommend you open it in excel, using tab delimited format. This way, you will see all the information in a usable spreadsheet format. You may see the specific difference here, if any, and be able to correct it.

Another diagnostics is to scan using direct on the copier. From there, you can tap in an email address without storing it permanently to scan a file to.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

We found the solution. It was a Windows Exchange 2007 issue.
    http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/12/28/432013.aspx

This is what my fellow tech found that fixed the problem.

Rob S

Have you used the direct input option rather than the one-touch button?

One thing that has not been addressed in this thread is that occasionally an entry (or entry place) can become corrupt. If all the emails are similar (as above) and you have sucessfully tested the Direct Input option (instead of the one-touch button) using the email address in question, the fault lies in the one-touch button creation. Try using the 13th place or even 50th for that matter (use the web browser)

The problem was with MS exchange 2007 not the biz hub.
    MS has put much more security.
    The above link show how to fix the problem in Exchange.

Rob S