Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Konica 7165

Technician

Konica 7165

Hey there all.... i have a slight issue... i have a Konica 7165 that came adrift in transport and got a little beaten up... i turn the thing on and it says please wait a while .... then it goes to the konica screen and that is it. i have been looking at it and have found that the big hard (HD-105) drive has gone kaput, i replaced that drive with a new reformated 15 Gb hdd , then i have pulled all the boards out and given them the once over, and re connected to where they should be, powered up and got the blast off screen, but the touch pannel is not working except in the bottom left of the screen, a bit more prodding around in the back and the thing now just goes back to the konica screen, and that is it, i found that if i pulled the memory board off the top print board (part number 56AA-9121) and powered up it would get to the normal interface and then shut down, then i tried re attaching the board and got the Konica screen again..i suspect that the memory board is buggered up, has this happened before to people? can any one please send me the flash information for this Printer and hard drives, and any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks in advance
    nick
    Last edited by carneage; 12-22-2009 at 04:39 AM. Reason: more information

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Konica 7165

Make sure your fuser latch is in the proper position. Cheat the interlocks and make sure the fuser lamps are operating. I can't remember but I think if you replace the HDD you must format it in the machine you can boot into key op mode or service mode and do the format but that would not keep it from warming up. I would still focus on the fuser section.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Technician
    hey there
    the fuser seems to be operating some of the time, not always, have you got any brilliant ideas? i think that the 56aa-9121 could be at fault but i am still not too sure what its function is
    thanks
    nick

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Konica 7165

I doubt that the NVRAM is a problem on that particular machine. It is more likely that it thinks that some thing is open. Check you interlock switches, also make sure there is not a pile of developer sitting on the ADU board ( this causes some weird problems). I can't remember on that machine but a lot of those older Konica's had a switch activated by the fuser latch if it failed only one fuser lamp cycled and the machine never came ready no code either.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Technician
    just replaced the NVRAM and the IP 511 and the whole machine works a treat, the only down side is that there is wrinkles in the pages as they print, does any one know what causes this??

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Konica 7165

Quote Originally Posted by carneage View Post
    just replaced the NVRAM and the IP 511 and the whole machine works a treat, the only down side is that there is wrinkles in the pages as they print, does any one know what causes this??
    Fuser pressures or anti curl roller?

Curmudgeon at large 100+ Posts RockETop's Avatar
    The fuser pressure roller is providing uneven pressure against the heat roller.
    Last edited by RockETop; 05-29-2010 at 10:49 PM. Reason: spellcheck spellcheck spellcheck.....

Technician
    great ia that an easy fix or an expencive fix??

Technician
    and does any one know how to do this as i am in a no support area in the country of australia!

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Konica 7165

Most probably a cheap fix - check if the upper fuser roller's plastic sleeves are in place - They sometimes break, causing that same problem. Check it first before trying anything more expensive.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!