Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Biz hub pro c500

HEY GUYS. I HAVE A WEEKEND PROJECT. I AM INSTALLING THE 100K AND THE 200K PM KITS ON A BIZ HUB PRO C500. I PURCHACED THE SERVICE AND PARTS MANUAL FROM "JUST MANUALS" BUT IT REALLY DOESN'T GIVE ME MUCH INFO. ANY ADVICE OR PRECAUSIONS FOR ME OUT THERE? IS THERE A FIELD SERVICE GUIDE FOR THIS MACHINE? LOOKS LIKE A BEAR, ESPECALLY THE FUSER! THANKS, YOU ALL HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRIST-MAS.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Biz hub pro c500

Did you just get the Theory of Operation Manual or the Field Service one? The field manual tells you how to do the PM. The fuser looks worse than it is. The worst parts are getting the old dev out of the tanks and changing the 2nd transfer roller..be sure you watch how you took it out!! Also you must follow the set up procedure post PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

must have gotten the wrong manual

i did not get the field service manual they did not offer it do you know where i can get one. i'd like to down load if possable. i want to have this job done by mon.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

THANK YOU

Thank you so much. These pro machines can be a bit intimidating if your not careful to have a good additude.
    I am not replacings drums or dv at this time only fuser rebuld,transfer belt, and charge units.
    Have a merry christ-mas.
    P.s i love your little side kick there i can't quite watching him rock out!

worker drone 250+ Posts
    What are the copy counts on drums and dev? I think you are heading for a mistake. Usually, in these machines, the first failures are the dev. They start to lose fill and get spotty. Shortly after that are the drums in that they will start making background on longer runs. Make sure the corona wires are properly centered and on the step where they rest. They come wrong new out of the box quite often. Reset all counts in the parts counter of the 25 mode after you replace parts.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by copierlady View Post
    Thank you so much. These pro machines can be a bit intimidating if your not careful to have a good additude.
    I am not replacings drums or dv at this time only fuser rebuld,transfer belt, and charge units.
    Have a merry christ-mas.
    P.s i love your little side kick there i can't quite watching him rock out!
    Yer welcome.

And I like him too....heh.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

play in the lower roller

hey! got the fuser rebuilt. one of the easier ones acually. but, there seems to be a lot of play in the lower roller (front to back) it just sits in there no rings to hold it in place. i can't see that i could have done anything wrong. is it supose to be like that? thanks

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by copierlady View Post
    hey! got the fuser rebuilt. one of the easier ones acually. but, there seems to be a lot of play in the lower roller (front to back) it just sits in there no rings to hold it in place. i can't see that i could have done anything wrong. is it supose to be like that? thanks
    This fuser is simple relative to the 6500 series.

Of course, there are some pitfalls, not sure if you fell into one.

The lower roller doesn't have anything holding it in place aside from the sleeve and bearing. The large lip of the sleeve is closest to the roller, the bearing over that, with the metal ring of the bearing also closest to the roller. When it is placed into the guides, the guides themselves hold the bearings in.

see attached image.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Stirton.M; 12-25-2009 at 09:45 AM.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

ok thanks

ok i figured it out when i went to put the last two screws in. it takes help from "The Hulk" to get those suckers in. nothing is gonna move when there in place!! thanks again now i can relax and enjoy the day tomarrow, hope you do the same. hope you guys aren't to cold out there. have a great one.

worker drone 250+ Posts
    For future reference, if you turn the fusing drive shaft, the lower roller will drop and release the fusing pressure. At that point, the shouldered screws go in with no pressure at all.