Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

BZ421 CE002 after firmware update

Hi all, went to one of these and updated the firmware from V11 to V13. On re-booting the machine it came up with CE002 which is a HDD error. According to the read me file the address book version needs to be updated by selecting (tech rep) state confirmation/hdd version up (LK) however this button did not appear. Has anyone come across this before? I tried downgrading to V11 but everything I tried after the initial error code came up failed to work and I had to remove the HDD to allow the customer to use the machine. Any ideas on this would be welcome, thanks in advance...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    do the version up. i think is on the next page .

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Yep, ya need to "Version up" the Hard drive. It's in the Tech mode.

Tech mode
    State Confirmation

Memory7HDD Adjust 
    HDD Version up 
    Press Start

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    BTW, if you're only updating to V13, you're still a few versions out of date. This model is up to V20 now.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I do know about the version up, but if you read my original post, the button to do this did not appear. This is the problem I`m left with. Also I am aware that V20 is the latest firmware but I was advised that with this product you have to go up the versions in sequence and since the machine was on V11, V13 was the next one up. I wasn't going to go to V20 without V13 working correctly first!! So to recap, does any one know why the version up button doesn't appear even though the hard drive is installed and set correctly?
    Thanks...

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tech51 View Post
    I do know about the version up, but if you read my original post, the button to do this did not appear. This is the problem I`m left with. Also I am aware that V20 is the latest firmware but I was advised that with this product you have to go up the versions in sequence and since the machine was on V11, V13 was the next one up. I wasn't going to go to V20 without V13 working correctly first!! So to recap, does any one know why the version up button doesn't appear even though the hard drive is installed and set correctly?
    Thanks...
    The sequencing is just an advisory related to the user settings and one touch programming. It is not set in stone. This is true of all KM machines. I've upgraded many machines from base level to latest without issue.

To circumvent this advisory, if you have any one touch data or authentication data, download that to a PC via pagescope web interface or Data Administrator. The latter is preferable. If the machine is new or the user has neither of these data sets, upgrading has no restrictions. You could go to version 20 without issue.

Why you are not seeing the upgrade option in the hard drive appears to be some kind of data corruption or communication error. The service manual is explicit in the sequence of the upgraded areas. If it is anything like the C6500, the wrong order can and will interfere with communicating with hardware further down the chain.

Since it appears you have disabled the hard drive, I am assuming there are no authentication and user one touch data to preserve, then simply format the hard disk and be done with it.

You could try the base recovery tool if all else fails.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Technician
    BZ421 CE002 after firmware update

Re: BZ421 CE002 after firmware update

Thank you guys.