Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    thereis only 1 file offered for ALL c10s. use usb cable and download and install printer/scanner driver. have dcompressed file open and ready to run, start printer in bios update mode . run bios file on pc. good luck.

tfaiers
    I've uncompressed the files, placed the printer in BIOS mode (assuming to press Menu Select and Down when turning on printer)

I don't seem to be able to install the printer connected to the USB port because of the errors on the control panel TFFS0 and TFFS1

Obviously not having the printer driver installed may be the stopping point, I guess I can't run the firmware update to this one printer without being able to install it first.

I do know the NIC address which I found with Wireshark, perhaps I could send the firmware via that.

Clutching at straws obviously before I move onto another one and bin the first of fourteen as a failure

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    according to what ive read on this the scanner driver is what xfers the file,thruogh the usb port.there is a file that goes through the nic but that is for updating the kn card only.
    Connect the machine and PC using the USB cable.

Turn ON the machine's main switch pressing Menu Select key.

Confirm that [*BIOS MODE*] appears on the screen.

Copy the firmware data and upgrading program in any arbitrary directory of the PC.

Double-click “Update.exe”.

Click [Browse] and select File path, “bizhubC10VXXXFaxF01p.bin”.

Click [Update].

4139F2E652DA

i will try to find out if there is in fact a upgrade tool on monday. sorry for the confusion and delay. ive been busy doing support work here. (my real job)

tfaiers
    I'm still progressing with this, although slowly.

I'm still working on the first printer of fourteen as I want to keep the fallout to a minimum of unworkable printers!

The 'update' firmware which tries to talk to the printer on the USB port always reports the printer as not ready.

I've tried the 'COPY /B XXXXX.BIN LPT1:' firmware update routine from the service manual (pressing the UP+MENU button first and selecting 'Update Printer') which receives the BIN files but none of them appear correct for this method (the manual says that the update pushed via this method will be a .SYS file)

The MFC firmware update that uses the IP address DOES work (although I had to progress onto a second printer), most frustratingly though, once the update completes, the password request is still there and none of the default entries work, so the firmware doesn't appear to clear the password.

I'd like to try sending the relevant file via the LPT1 port in case there's any difference there relating to the password, but those .SYS files I do not have.

If anyone knows of any other way to clear the password, I'd be happy to know!

fiveski

Thumbs up Re: bizhub C10P firmware / password / reset

Hi All

Thought id post a fix on here that we have come across for the c10p's

Had a couple of these machines come back, one with corrupt FW and one with a Password.

I applied the Bootcode and the Firmware to the machines (the augusta3.sys file) but this just upgrades/renews the FW and leaves the password in-tact.

I then had a scroll through the service manual and the default password set for this security mode is [SYSADMIN] (no brackets)

This password allowed me entry on one of the C10's but not the other

The one piece of information I did know about the other machine is the IP address (if you dont now this use angryipscanner.exe)

When you pagescope to the c10 put this in your webbrowser http:// [IP ADDRESS] /security_page.html This will display the Password page.
    Explorer and Firefox will show the password field asterixed, and wont allow you to do anything with it. (no submit/apply button)

Open this page with Opera (web browser) clear the password and simply press enter and Opera will apply the change and remove the password.

Hope this helps someone else!