Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: fs-514

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

fs-514

I have a finisher fs 514 that sorts and staples fine when its only 2 to 5 sheets, after this it doesnt eject all the sheets say if your running 9 sheet document...???anybody been through this?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    I have a finisher fs 514 that sorts and staples fine when its only 2 to 5 sheets, after this it doesnt eject all the sheets say if your running 9 sheet document...???anybody been through this?
    check the oneway roller on the gear at the upper left corner when you are looking from the front with door open and cover removed. this is a problem that is starting to happen alot.

cool ill check that out

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Make sure the exit tray section is level. The castor wheels at the base need to be raised on the far left set of wheels, this helps tilt the base unit to the right into the machine. Basically, if you open the finisher to clear a jam for example, and try to close it, if you physically need to push hard on this unit to fully lock it back in. If it is balanced, closing the unit takes no effort...

Also, there are two plastic plates on one tray. It is the only difference between the two (or three if you get the option). Removal of these plates can resolve issues here. Paper stacked on these tends to create high points at the front and rear sides, creating drag for other sheets feeding through.

Also, there is a firmware fix specifically for the fs514, related to this problem. It is special firmware and is available on the support site. The fix extends the time the exit rollers spin, pushing the paper clear of this area...sometimes paper will tend to hang up without this fix.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

dude thanks
    i will check in to this