Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Your right coptech....but when someone is nice enough to help you online...it's only polite not to nit pick at the details...

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    There is a fusing lamp in the lower roller. If there isn't you may have found a problem. Trust me. I have PM'd an 8050 in a print shop over 75 times during it's life and I can say with no doubt that there is a lamp going through the center of the press roller. 2 in the upper fusing roller.

You are right...I was looking at the lower roller and not seeing the lamp....but when you mentioned it, I took another look and sure enough...it's a bit misleading in the image, I thought it was one of those round bars. It's been some time since I looked at an 8050

Then from that, to verify if the heat lamp is coming on, take the front cover off, cheat the front door and observe the fuser during the warmup phase...all the heat lamps should be lit.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thanks for the input. I've checked the lamps and all the other components...the problem is very intermittent....I figure I'll just have to start swapping components out or keep looking for a silver bullet. I only see this machine once a week, and I now have some good tips to follow...If it was a Xerox...I could eureka the problem.....LOL.....I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

worker drone 250+ Posts
    The machine I have dealt with would give fusing codes in the middle of a run. It never seemed to be the same code. It may be overheat or underheat. I never saw fusing problems that showed up on the copies. It was frustrating to the customer because it loses count with a fusing code.

Looking at the code, it is TH2 lower fusing roller non contact sensor low temp which is the emphor red sensor in the middle of the fuser below the lower roller. Is there any chance that it could have some dust inside it as they are somewhat hollow. Other than that, I would check the wiring from it.

I did not mean any "smart ass" in my previous post and certainly hope that it was not percieved that way. I am sorry if it did come across that way at all.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post

I did not mean any "smart ass" in my previous post and certainly hope that it was not percieved that way. I am sorry if it did come across that way at all.
    Not at all. I should have been paying a bit closer attention to the parts diagram when I was viewing it.

Somewhere along the line, I remember another machine that doesn't have a lamp in the lower roller...maybe I am mixing that one up with this one.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Well....thanks to everyone....I'll try to follow up on this one....