Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

C652 No animation guide

Hi guys
    We formatted the harddrive on a C652 yesterday both physical and logical
    the machine works fine but we keep getting a message No animation guide available please contact your administrator , any idea of what could be wrong?
    Kind regards
    Rudi

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    C652 No animation guide

The animations are to help the customer to remove jams from the copier. It gives you animated instructions on how to remove it.

You can re-install the animations by downloading the movie data from the Konica Minolta Tech site. You copy the files on to a USB drive which you plug into the copier and go into Service Mode - System 1 - Install Data.

This will copy the animations back on to the HDD.

Just for arguments sake, why did you format the HDD?
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Solution ID TAUS0900860EN* Solution Usage 9
    Description
    At idle, the following is displayed on the screen: "No Animation Guide data available. Contact your administrator."
    Solution
    CAUSE: Firmware upgrade required.
    SOLUTION: Please update base firmware to the most current version.
    IMPORTANT : Please ensure that the Movie Data file isalso installed.To install the Movie Data file please perform the following:
    1. Download the Movie Data file (Movie Data.exe) from the Special Firmware section under the bizhub C652/C552 and extract the .tar file.
    2. Copy the .tarfile to the root of a USB drive.
    3. Enter Service mode.
    4. Select System 2 => HDD and make certain that it is installed.
    5. Reboot machine if HDD state was changed to Installed and re-enter Service Mode.
    6. Connect the USB drive to the Service USB Port.
    7. Select System 2=> Next page=> Install Data.
    8. Touch Movie Data.
    9. Touch Set.
    10. Press Start.
    Notes :
    a. Please refer to attached Release Notes prior to firmware installation. To viewthe PDF, Adobe Reader® must be installed. Adobe Reader® can be
    downloaded for free from the Adobe® web site at: Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions .
    b. The latest version firmware or system software is available via the Konica Minolta Download Selector. Access the Selector from SSD Web Support (CS
    Expert Support) by clicking on 'Download MSDS, Drivers, Firmware and more'.
    SPECIAL NOTE : Solution contribution by Bill Hall, Workgroup/SSD and Clinton Marquardt, ESS/BSE
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Hi guys
    Thanks for your replies it all makes sense now , the reason why i formatted is because the mach would not go into scan mode and after fixing that the machine would give a mesage server disk ful when scanning a 8 page document.
    Regards

Re: C652 No animation guide

I have been looking for the animation data, but it seems as if the website no longer hosts the firmware upgrade. Any other place to get it? Thanks!