Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    I am relaxed. But I am also trying to help you resolve a problem and prevent you from creating more problems for you and your customer. Also, since they cannot print to it, what difference does that make?

And according to this TSB, what I have described to you is the corrective action....

Solution ID TAUS0702439EN* Solution Usage 7
    Description
    F023.
    Solution
    CAUSE: MFPB failed.
    SOLUTION:Perform a Data Clear. Reseat all the connections on PWB-MFPB. Replace MFPB if necessary and flash MFP with most current firmware. If the problem persists, swap NVRAM.
    IMPORTANT: All requests for NVRAMs must be approved by the SSD Hotline and a problem ticket generated. If a request is received without an established problem ticket number the request will be denied.
    PARTS :
    bizhub C550 - PWB-MFPB (p/n A00J H020 07)
    bizhub C451 - PWB-MFPB (p/n A00J H020 07)
    bizhub C650 - PWB-MFPB (p/n A00J H021 00)
    bizhub C203/C253 - PWB-MFPB (p/n A02E H342 05)
    bizhub C353 - PWB-MFPB (p/n A02E H341 05)

Solution ID
    TAUS0702927EN* Solution Usage 28

Description
    Network menu button is missing from Admin Mode.
    Solution
    CAUSE: Corrupt NVRAM and/or failed PWB-MFP.
    SOLUTION: Perform the NVRAM Recovery Procedure (see attachment for instructions).
    If NVRAM Recovery Procedure is unsuccessful, replace the PWB-MFP and NVRAM. To receive a replacement NVRAM, please utilize the Online Technical Special Program order form located within MyKonicaMinolta.com:
    1. Login to MyKonicaMinolta.com.
    2. Select the Service tab.
    3. Select Warranty, Repair, Special Programs (menu at left side of screen).
    4. Click on Warranty Services Technical/FOC Programs (in center of screen).
    5. Select NVRAM/BRU Replacement Program.
    IMPORTANT : All requests for NVRAMs must be approved by the SSD Hotline and a problem ticket generated. If a request is received without an established problem ticket number the request will be denied.
    PART NUMBERS (PWB-MFP)
    bizhub C250/C250P/C252/C252P (p/n 4038 0121 06)
    bizhub C203/C253 (p/n A02E H342 05)
    bizhub C300 (p/n 9J06-H003-01)
    bizhub C352/C352P (p/n 9J06-0101-02)
    bizhub C353/C353P (p/n A02E H341 05)
    bizhub C351/C450/C450P (p/n 4037013104)
    bizhub C451/C550 (p/n A00J H020 07)
    bizhub C650 (p/n A00J H021 00)

Though the above describes to clear NVRAM, this method clears the machine's main counts. You cannot recover that information.

Other TSBs also describes problems that can arise with Licensing depending on any options (like i-Options) installed in the machine, or conflicts that can happen. By a downed machine, I am referring only to the time it takes to get a replacement NVRAM from KM Japan or to deal with red tape regarding certain options in the machine that require a code to reset them. Not to mention the hassle that includes for you and the customer. The following TSBs describe this.

TAUS0800843EN
    TAUS0801227EN

Firmware flashing takes 10 minutes at the most. Replacing the MFP board perhaps 30 minutes and another 10 to flash the machine. Do this during their lunch hour if it is such a concern.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts alexfixes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oystercopy View Post
    As I stated, resetting the NVRAM is a last resort, but KM offers that as an option, and their tech support, although not wanting me to do this FIRST, offers it as an option. According the bulletin, only certain things in the machine, which are normal Service Mode changes, get reset during an NVRAM flash. Certainly, KM wouldn't offer it if it destroyed the machine. I've reset NVRAM in other machines before without catastrophic results, but maybe there is something about this particular model that I don't know.

I can try to reflash the firmware with the regular update files, but I'm not sure the customer wlll let me do this now. These people are ultra-stressed about downtime.

Thanks for the reply though...
    I just want to say it's really not wort of falshing NVRAM and that may not even work. i have done that and that didn't solve the problem. The only time I had to do NVRAM refresh was when i was missing
    network botton in admin section, i flashed the machine and that din't help, i then did NVRAM refresh and that didn't work, SSD reccomended to repalce the PWB-MFP including the NVRAM together and that's costly because the machine is not under warranty so customer is getting another machine. Aslo is not recommended to just swap out the NVRAM usally when repalcing the NVRAM you have to repalce the PWB-MFP.
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    I am relaxed. But I am also trying to help you resolve a problem and prevent you from creating more problems for you and your customer. Also, since they cannot print to it, what difference does that make?

And according to this TSB, what I have described to you is the corrective action....

Description
    F023.
    Solution
    SOLUTION:Perform a Data Clear. Reseat all the connections on PWB-MFPB. Replace MFPB if necessary and flash MFP with most current firmware. If the problem persists, swap NVRAM.
    IMPORTANT: All requests for NVRAMs must be approved by the SSD Hotline and a problem ticket generated. If a request is received without an established problem ticket number the request will be denied.
    PARTS :

Solution ID

Description
    Solution
    SOLUTION: Perform the NVRAM Recovery Procedure (see attachment for instructions).
    If NVRAM Recovery Procedure is unsuccessful, replace the PWB-MFP and NVRAM. To receive a replacement NVRAM, please utilize the Online Technical Special Program order form located within MyKonicaMinolta.com:
    IMPORTANT : All requests for NVRAMs must be approved by the SSD Hotline and a problem ticket generated. If a request is received without an established problem ticket number the request will be denied.
    PART NUMBERS (PWB-MFP)

Though the above describes to clear NVRAM, this method clears the machine's main counts. You cannot recover that information.

Other TSBs also describes problems that can arise with Licensing depending on any options (like i-Options) installed in the machine, or conflicts that can happen. By a downed machine, I am referring only to the time it takes to get a replacement NVRAM from KM Japan or to deal with red tape regarding certain options in the machine that require a code to reset them. Not to mention the hassle that includes for you and the customer. The following TSBs describe this.

TAUS0800843EN
    TAUS0801227EN

Firmware flashing takes 10 minutes at the most. Replacing the MFP board perhaps 30 minutes and another 10 to flash the machine. Do this during their lunch hour if it is such a concern.
    I just want to say it's really not wort of falshing NVRAM and that may not even work. i have done that and that didn't solve the problem. The only time I had to do NVRAM refresh was when i was missing
    network botton in admin section, i flashed the machine and that din't help, i then did NVRAM refresh and that didn't work, SSD reccomended to repalce the PWB-MFP including the NVRAM together and that's costly because the machine is not under warranty so customer is getting another machine. Aslo is not recommended to just swap out the NVRAM usally when repalcing the NVRAM you have to repalce the PWB-MFP.
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by alexfixes View Post
    From what I have seen so far is that you do not know how to resolve problems with konicas. What I have witnessed in this forum is your constant meddling in the advice of others and confusing the end user with absolute rubbish.

I had a similar problem and following what stirton said was almost exactly what I did to fix my problem with network failur on a C353.

And is it really necessary to repeat your poorly written response several times?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibraltar's Ghost View Post
    From what I have seen so far is that you do not know how to resolve problems with konicas. What I have witnessed in this forum is your constant meddling in the advice of others and confusing the end user with absolute rubbish.

I had a similar problem and following what stirton said was almost exactly what I did to fix my problem with network failur on a C353.

And is it really necessary to repeat your poorly written response several times?
    yes! quite an excelent observation!

Smile relax dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Gibraltar's Ghost View Post

also what i have noticed on this forum that your "manages "don't know what's going on when trying to connect simple scan to ftp network. no one could fix my issue with ftp sacn and I solved it my self and i have happy customers now. to me good field technician is one that knows electrical,mechanical engineering, network engineering and knows how to setup network in any envirenments, whether macintosh or pc, thechs get confuse of servers and they don't want to touch anything on the server.what i have seen so far none of konica techs are able to do these tasks,relax dude, I don't know what you talking about. obuivesly you are not technical and you are far from an engineer. konica techs are trained to just follow manuals and has no experience of fixing machines , all they do is changing parts, i worked with them long time and i traineed thses techs myself, they guy working 20 years still can't connect simple network dude.....dude........

relax dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post

Description
    F023.
    Solution
    PARTS :

Solution ID
    Description
    Solution

PART NUMBERS (PWB-MFP)

TAUS0800843EN
    TAUS0801227EN

also what i have noticed on this forum that your "manages "don't know what's going on when trying to connect simple scan to ftp network. no one could fix my issue with ftp sacn and I solved it my self and i have happy customers now. to me good field technician is one that knows electrical,mechanical engineering, network engineering and knows how to setup network in any envirenments, whether macintosh or pc, thechs get confuse of servers and they don't want to touch anything on the server.what i have seen so far none of konica techs are able to do these tasks,relax dude, I don't know what you talking about. obuivesly you are not technical and you are far from an engineer. konica techs are trained to just follow manuals and has no experience of fixing machines , all they do is changing parts, i worked with them long time and i traineed thses techs myself, they guy working 20 years still can't connect simple network dude.....dude........

Quote Originally Posted by Albonline View Post
    yes! quite an excelent observation!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts buster68's Avatar
    after you get the other issues taken care of (C-F023, NVRAM), I'm afraid you may still have a network printing issue. I would recommend putting a network switch(if the IT guy allows it) between the copier and the network, and set the NIC on the copier to Auto negotiate. I suspect that the copier is on a Gigabyte network and for some reason, KonicaMinolta MFP's don't jive well with that network speed. I've seen the same problem on several C203, C353 that are on Gigabyte networks.

Thank you for the information. we can not change anything on this netwrk because it is such huge network here. The mfp on this copier is slower than the network. Once everytime they do have issues with transmitting and scanning, jod doesn't complete the job, and i beleive the speed is the issue like you mentioned..... I have to see if placing netwrok performance monitor will help on this case. i will monitor real time performance for routers,swiches,controllers,snmp devices and controller. If you ahve any other recomendation please let me know.
    thank you