Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts alexfixes's Avatar

Smile agree

Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    We update firmware pretty regularly. If not the latest, then usually just pushing the same level at the machine to correct errant behavior. This is standard practice when dealing with problems with machines that were otherwise working fine previously.

Not to mention there is an edict from KM Japan to update ALL firmware on ALL machines to deal with IU enhancement program.

I agree with you. just do it if it needs the firmware . I have seen some techs flash the machine for paper jams which it turn out to be paper feed roller was bad

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Bizhub C-203, Controller issues...

Latest...

Machine has the latest firmware and I did a Factory Default reset before it left the shop two weeks ago. Machine has about 70K by the way....
    OC

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Ok, firmware was latest, but did you reflash it as recommended?

Failing that, you will have to do some digging into the machine, which is why flashing is the first general step in troubleshooting errant behavior that wasn't there before and cannot be corrected by simply cycling the power.

If this doesn't resolve the problem, then best guess is that the machine's MFP board is failing, based on your description of the problem, it contains the network interface. Replace the MFBP.

If there are other symptoms, the problem might be the PRCB, though I have my doubts...site unseen I cannot make that call definitively.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

By any chance does this machine have a Bio-Metric device? We stopped sell the Bio for that series because it caused network lockups. Also disable sleep mode and see if you still have the problem, we encountered network lockups when bringing the machine out of sleep mode with a print job.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Smile Bio-Metric is trash

Quote Originally Posted by pepper38_cnd View Post
    By any chance does this machine have a Bio-Metric device? We stopped sell the Bio for that series because it caused network lockups. Also disable sleep mode and see if you still have the problem, we encountered network lockups when bringing the machine out of sleep mode with a print job.
    I have installed about over 1000 machines color and B/w and repaired too.
    every machine that we installed Bio-metric caused nothing but toruble,some worked and some didn't . we had all kind of conflicts with network and other issues here in Orange County. good luck with Bio-Mertic.

Nope...

No biometric device installed.. LUCKILY...

Smile no biometric.good news

Quote Originally Posted by Oystercopy View Post
    No biometric device installed.. LUCKILY...
    I haven't seen any that works yet.

O.K. well I went out today and did the recommended NIC Reset procedure with firmware, the one that comes with the NVRAM reset package... not only did it not fix the problem, but now the machine won't let me even GET INTO the Utility/Counter setting to Re-Set the IP Address back into the machine. Waited over 15 minutes.. no dice. So, i reflashed the NIC reset one more time and that didn't work either. I was afraid to (and was recommended NOT TO) do the NVRAM reset procedure, but now I think I don't have a choice. Also, just to piss me off further, the stupid thing gave me a C-F023 error code to boot... Now I don't know WHAT to do... I'm probably going to try the NVRAM reset, but that was a last resort.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oystercopy View Post
    O.K. well I went out today and did the recommended NIC Reset procedure with firmware, the one that comes with the NVRAM reset package... not only did it not fix the problem, but now the machine won't let me even GET INTO the Utility/Counter setting to Re-Set the IP Address back into the machine. Waited over 15 minutes.. no dice. So, i reflashed the NIC reset one more time and that didn't work either. I was afraid to (and was recommended NOT TO) do the NVRAM reset procedure, but now I think I don't have a choice. Also, just to piss me off further, the stupid thing gave me a C-F023 error code to boot... Now I don't know WHAT to do... I'm probably going to try the NVRAM reset, but that was a last resort.
    Ok, once again. REFLASH THE FIRMWARE!!!! ALL of it, with the latest firmware.

Resetting NVRAM is the absolute last thing you ever want to do on a machine, when everything else possible to do has been done, which you have not done everything else possible. KM Japan is very adamant about this. All internal counters are reset, not to mention that doing so could also render the machine inoperable under certain circumstances. If you want to verify it is NVRAM, swap NVRAM with another machine (don't print or copy anything, just verify function access). If it is shown that the NVRAM is at fault, you need to send it back to KM Japan so they can clone the chip for you. But I doubt the problem is there.

The error code is one that is related to the MFP board. If firmware flashing does not correct the behavior, your problem most likely is with this board, which contains the system EEPROM where firmware is stored. This board just so happens to contain amongst other things, the network port. See attach file 1 and 2.

NVRAM related errors are limited to only C-D3##. See attach files 3-5
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Dude, relax...

As I stated, resetting the NVRAM is a last resort, but KM offers that as an option, and their tech support, although not wanting me to do this FIRST, offers it as an option. According the bulletin, only certain things in the machine, which are normal Service Mode changes, get reset during an NVRAM flash. Certainly, KM wouldn't offer it if it destroyed the machine. I've reset NVRAM in other machines before without catastrophic results, but maybe there is something about this particular model that I don't know.

I can try to reflash the firmware with the regular update files, but I'm not sure the customer wlll let me do this now. These people are ultra-stressed about downtime.

Thanks for the reply though...