Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    102
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    11

    Thumbs down Bizhub C-203, Controller issues...

    Customer is able to print for hours at a time, then the machine locks up and won't print anything until it's rebooted... strange.

    This customer is also having trouble setting up the scanning function, especially scan-to-email. I was there with the IT guy and it seemed to be a little more troublesome than most to get connected.

    Any ideas?

    OC



  2. #2
    All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,827
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    32
    What is the firmware level of the machine?

    Be sure to update it with the latest baseline as a minimum.

    You could try to initialize the copier and reset it back to factory level and simply start over as well.

    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx


    Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

  3. #3
    PSP 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    nvt
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    13
    Give some more information >copy>ok? PING>ok? Server>? printer offline on server >?
    capture data between server and MFP (wireshark)


  4. #4
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts alexfixes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile print job,please don't update firmware,

    Quote Originally Posted by Oystercopy View Post
    Customer is able to print for hours at a time, then the machine locks up and won't print anything until it's rebooted... strange.

    This customer is also having trouble setting up the scanning function, especially scan-to-email. I was there with the IT guy and it seemed to be a little more troublesome than most to get connected.

    Any ideas?

    OC
    please don't update firmware that does not fix this problem and i have tried it many times wo=ithout updating firmware. thank you
    many things could go wrong.1) looks like your print job is queued on this machine. delaying printing. 2)sometime if account track setting have been applied, un registeredaccount name or password have been entered.
    3)also you memory may not be suficient, you can perform test print and see if it prints quickly.4) it could also be connection issue, not for sure but I would check that too.I usally unplug the network cable check it out and resetpower off/on then try again. let me know if these things help. good luck

    Last edited by alexfixes; 01-09-2010 at 01:09 AM. Reason: change in note

  5. #5
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts alexfixes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile print job,please don't update firmware if already updated

    Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    What is the firmware level of the machine?

    Be sure to update it with the latest baseline as a minimum.

    You could try to initialize the copier and reset it back to factory level and simply start over as well.
    please don't update firmware if already updated,that does not fix this problem and i have tried it many times without updating firmware. many things could go wrong.1) looks like your print job is queued on this machine. delaying printing. 2)sometime if account track setting have been applied, un registeredaccount name or password have been entered.
    3)also you memory may not be suficient, you can perform test print and see if it prints quickly.4) it could also be connection issue, not for sure but I would check that too.I usally unplug the network cable check it out and resetpower off/on then try again. let me know if these things help. good luck


  6. #6
    All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,827
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by alexfixes View Post
    please don't update firmware if already updated,that does not fix this problem and i have tried it many times without updating firmware. many things could go wrong.1) looks like your print job is queued on this machine. delaying printing. 2)sometime if account track setting have been applied, un registeredaccount name or password have been entered.
    3)also you memory may not be suficient, you can perform test print and see if it prints quickly.4) it could also be connection issue, not for sure but I would check that too.I usally unplug the network cable check it out and resetpower off/on then try again. let me know if these things help. good luck

    We update firmware pretty regularly. If not the latest, then usually just pushing the same level at the machine to correct errant behavior. This is standard practice when dealing with problems with machines that were otherwise working fine previously.

    Not to mention there is an edict from KM Japan to update ALL firmware on ALL machines to deal with IU enhancement program.

    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx


    Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

  7. #7
    Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Bernardino
    Posts
    1,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    We update firmware pretty regularly. If not the latest, then usually just pushing the same level at the machine to correct errant behavior. This is standard practice when dealing with problems with machines that were otherwise working fine previously.

    Not to mention there is an edict from KM Japan to update ALL firmware on ALL machines to deal with IU enhancement program.

    When ya call into Konica tech support the first thing they usually ask you is "did you install the lastest firmware?"

    So one of the first things I always do before calling is flash it up. Usually fixes it for me.


  8. #8
    Conservative in Exile 250+ Posts laserman06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hebron, KY
    Posts
    325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    17
    Firmware is very important. I too have fixed many problems by upgrading/reflashing firmware. Why are some people so afraid of FW? They put out updated FW to correct many issues. So, when it comes to FW, follow Nike's slogan and "Just do it"

    The family that prays together, stays together!
    Smile God created you and He doesn't make mistakes!

    Relax, God IS in control!

    Be still and know that I am God
    Ps 46:10

  9. #9
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts alexfixes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile good luck

    Quote Originally Posted by laserman06 View Post
    Firmware is very important. I too have fixed many problems by upgrading/reflashing firmware. Why are some people so afraid of FW? They put out updated FW to correct many issues. So, when it comes to FW, follow Nike's slogan and "Just do it"
    ok, I agree. with you not always FW is solution, why you want update when firmware is already up to date and working. you can follow nike's slogan and just do it. good luck


  10. #10
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts alexfixes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile I agree

    Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    When ya call into Konica tech support the first thing they usually ask you is "did you install the lastest firmware?"

    So one of the first things I always do before calling is flash it up. Usually fixes it for me.
    I agree with you. just do it if it needs the firmware . I have seen some techs flash the machine for paper jams which it turn out to be paper feed roller was bad


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •