Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: C451 Firmware

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

C451 Firmware

Has onyone found a lasting solution to the Konica Firmware problem? We didn't have a single flash card that the Konica machines would recognize for firmware, so I bought an expensive one from Memory Experts, guaranteed to work with Konica color machines, and it did about 4 or 5 times, as long as I only used it on the C451, and when I used it for the C353 it also worked, until I tried to change it back to the 451. Now, we are back to Does Not Recognize Card. Has anyone found one that keeps working, and if so, how are you formatting it, etc.?

Never had an issue. You can flash the card by browsing to it under my comp and right click select format. What does the copier do when you insert the card?

Or as long as you are using the Konica Minolta Firmware iImgaging toolkit there is the format function right there.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C451 Firmware

I too have never had an issue with a card not being recognised by one of our machines. I have 2 cards, both CF 128MB. One is manufacrured by Kingston, the other is FujiFilm.
    I don't use the KM Firmware imaging toolkit, I found it a bit flaky/unstable. I format the card to FAT32, then write it using CYGWIN and the CMD prompt.
    What make cards are you using?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taminol View Post
    I too have never had an issue with a card not being recognised by one of our machines. I have 2 cards, both CF 128MB. One is manufacrured by Kingston, the other is FujiFilm.
    I don't use the KM Firmware imaging toolkit, I found it a bit flaky/unstable. I format the card to FAT32, then write it using CYGWIN and the CMD prompt.
    What make cards are you using?
    we have about 75 of these cards and hve only had 4 or 5 ofthem go bad, and then only after 100s of rewrites. try useing the cygwin tool. it seems to just work all around better than the konica firmware app.

ps both cygwin and the app format the card to linux.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    We are using CanRam 128mb cards specially sold for KM use. We never format with the imaging tool, as some of the literature says not to. I have tried formatting from my computer. Works for a while, then stops. I am using the imaging tool for writing. I will go back to cygwin and give it a try.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts buster68's Avatar
    if you format the cards with windows formatting they will fail to write to the copiers. Cygwin and Firmware Imaging Toolkit will not fix the format, you'll to reformat with DiskHEX, and good luck with that.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts alexfixes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave10 View Post
    Has onyone found a lasting solution to the Konica Firmware problem? We didn't have a single flash card that the Konica machines would recognize for firmware, so I bought an expensive one from Memory Experts, guaranteed to work with Konica color machines, and it did about 4 or 5 times, as long as I only used it on the C451, and when I used it for the C353 it also worked, until I tried to change it back to the 451. Now, we are back to Does Not Recognize Card. Has anyone found one that keeps working, and if so, how are you formatting it, etc.?
    The most brand is recommended is sandisk which it has been working for us.
    Solution ID
    TAUS0703029EN* Solution Usage
    Description

CF card programming with Cygwin© and Imaging ToolKit 2007
    Solution
    When testing Imaging ToolKit 2006 and Cygwin© (version based on the bizhub C550), two small problems appeared which can be both eliminated to get the
    tools working properly.
    1. The Imaging Toolkit 2006 needs to be extracted first. Do not try to install it out of the archive otherwise there will be an error message about a missing
    file.
    Note : The latest version of Imaging ToolKit 2006 is available via the Konica Minolta Download Selector under Utilities. Access the Selector from SSD Web
    Support (CS Expert Support) by clicking on 'Download MSDS, Drivers, Firmware and more'. Please refer to the attached Release Notes for additional detail.
    To viewthe PDF, Adobe Reader® must be installed. Adobe Reader® can be downloaded for free from the Adobe® web site at:
    Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions
    2. Embedded Cygwin © was not working "out of the box". Microsoft® Windows Vista™ reported some memory problems. This issue could be solved by
    enabling the compatibility mode "Windows XP SP2" for the application "bash.exe" located in the bin folder of Cygwin/bin folder of bizhub C550 firmware.
    Note : Please refer to attached file for additional detail. To view the document, Microsoft® Word® or Word® Viewer must be installed. Word® Viewer 2003
    (11.7MB) can be obtained free from Microsoft® at the following URL;
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...9-ab826e7b8fdf .
    Ifusing a previous version of Firmware Imaging Tool, delete it by going into Control Panel=> Add & Remove Programs. Once the
    previous software has been removed, install Firmware Imaging Tool 2.52.
    IMPORTANT :The correct model numberbeing updated must be viewable. If the model is not listed, chances are thatan earlier version of Firmware Imaging
    Tool is still being used. For the Firmware Imaging Tool version 2.52,bizhub C650/C550/C451 must be listed in order to see the correct files. Pleaserefer tothe
    attachedexample.
    Solution

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts alexfixes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buster68 View Post
    if you format the cards with windows formatting they will fail to write to the copiers. Cygwin and Firmware Imaging Toolkit will not fix the format, you'll to reformat with DiskHEX, and good luck with that.
    The best thing is then keep one falsh card for each machine and keep it up to date if there are new firmware for the machine, we use new imaging toolkit program. wouldn't that still wipe everything out hex and bin files........