Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Unhappy color problem pro c500

when I print a light brown page This result is green . but I have not any problem in other color!
    I adjusted printer gamma adjustment in operator mode . but it has not effect
    help me please

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    color problem pro c500

iust,
    I am new to this model but,
    it sounds like you need to go into service and do a printer gama adjustment.
    Select 36 mode
    select image quality adjust
    select printer gama sensor adjust
    select #2 printer gama sensor adjust.
    from here you will need the book. This adjustment has me somewhat baffled. But after doing this adjustment it seemed to help
    put the color balance back. Mostly I think this gets the process gray closer to gray and therefore will help with the other colors.
    It is important to do the adjustment for the line speeds mentioned. It does take some time to complete.
    I hope this will help.

DR

your suggestion is helpful but I did addjust gamma printer in OP mode and I think 36 mode changed defult values,I think problems is about fiery . ( my fiery is ip 901)
    Every body , do you agree with me ??

What application are they using? Are they using Pantone colors, spot color, etc...? How is it laid out in the application, is it layers of colors or is it one color?

calibrate the ip 901. use the spectrometer, es1000 please. dont use colorcal.

color problem pro c500

iust,
    There are also some dip switch settings that will prevent the machine from changing the color
    pallet in the fiery. Otherwise, you may be right. I have one customer that has a hard time
    with getting blue to be the blue his customers want. He's time and material, I hope he calls
    I think he needs to do that adjustment also.
    The bulletin I have deals with the settings, so you don't have to go through
    the book, if you need it let me know.

DR

Quote Originally Posted by Albonline View Post
    calibrate the ip 901. use the spectrometer, es1000 please. dont use colorcal.
    How I can calibration ip 901 ? do you guide me with more detailes?

color problem pro c500

iust,
    Send me a message with your email and I will send you some info.

DR

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    You need to determin if the print engine or the fiery are at fault, separate their function.

Enter 36 Mode. There are two methods. Turn off the main power (behind door), press and hold the 3 and 6 keys simultaneously while turning on main power. Keep holding the keys until you are presented with 36 Mode on the display. To exit this method, cycle main power.

The other method, while machine is currently on, press the "P" key on the main control panel until you are presented with a code request. Enter 9272 and press the Start button. You will be presented with service mode, where you can then select the different modes available.

From here, go to 1. Process adjustment, then to 2. Drum peculiarity adjustment, then to 2. Automatic drum potential adj.

Press the start key. Wait a few seconds until it is complete. If there is a problem, an error code will present itself.

Press PREVIOUS SCREEN button once.

Press 3. Automatic gamma adjustment. Press the start key. Wait a few minutes until this is complete. Again, if there is a problem, an error code will present itself.

Do not do any other adjustments in this mode. These are PM cycle dependent and should only be done by a service tech.

When complete, back up to top of 36 Mode.

From there, select 5. Test pattern output mode.

Here, use pattern 53.

The CMYK values available are based on 256 levels (0-255). You will need to enter the values in each of these based on the colour you are trying to achieve.

Hopefully the colour you want has a CMYK indicator. Most graphics programs have RGB and CMYK. Some only have RGB. Hopefully you have the CMYK values, each has a number someplace between 0-100. Multiply that number as a percent against 256.

For example, if the Cyan in the colour you want is 56, then multiply 256 times 0.56 which will provide you with a value 143.36, which rounded to nearest is 143. Do this calculation for all 4 colours.

On the copier, enter those 4 calculations in the respective fields of CMYK.

Press the copy screen.

Select the paper tray you want. Preferably as large format as you have available. I recommend 24-28lb paper. Heavy stock is fine, but is a waste of expensive paper. Press the start button.

If the printed page is the colour you want, the problem is in the fiery. If the printed page is not the colour you want, the problem is in the copier. Check your calculations to make sure you got them right and test again if necessary.

To move from the copy screen back to the Test pattern screen, press the "C" and "P" keys at the same time.

To exit from service mode, press the "PREVIOUS SCREEN" until you are at main menu of 36, then press the "P" key until you are presented with the main service mode screen (shows 25, 36 and 47 modes), then press "exit". Or simply turn off and on main power switch.

If the problem is in the copier, get your service tech out to determine the cause...usually a PM is required.

If it is the fiery and not the machine...to calibrate the fiery, you will need 1 of for types of calibration devices compatible with this machine.

• EFI Spectrometer ES-1000 hand-held spectrometer
    • EFI Densitometer ED-100 hand-held densitometer
    • X-Rite DTP41 automatic scanning spectrophotometer
    • X-Rite DTP32 automatic scanning densitometer

You can find the user manuals usually on the CD package that came with your fiery.

If not, you can download them here....

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase

The IP-901ColorGuide.pdf describes how to perform the Calibration in great detail.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.