Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technician
    Thanks to everybody with the help thus far - I am making progress, but still not scanning yet. To answer the poster above - I am printing and copying okay -just not scanning yet

I have the 3101e controller (Tech was supposed to provide the Fiery CN3102e but ended up bringing out a unit with the 3101e). I pulled the control board out to verify I do not have a hard drive installed as I was supposed to have.

I activated the Controller 3 for scanning, and now can get into the scan menu(I set up ftp and also email settings) and can get the unit to go through the process, but still no scanned document in either mode. If I understand the previous posts , without the Hard drive, even if i get scanning to work, it will create multiple files of one page only(even with FTP) - This is going to be an issue as I need to scan large documents.

In any case, I set up a small ftp server with some free software mentioned elsewhere on this forum(Typsoftftp) and believe I have it configured correctly, but when I run the scan, after 15 seconds or so the CF2002 keeps coming back with a message "Job has been done improperly - Check the record". When i check the FTP server log it shows the CF2002 connecting to the ftp server, connecting the user and directory, but then shows the CF2002s IP address as disconnected, so something is causing it to drop the connection. I also made sure my router is allowing traffic through port 21(FTP).

I am so close . . .

you guys have been so helpful thus far . . .

On another note - anybody have a hard drive kit for this system that they would want to sell for cheap, as I am most likely going to need it if we get this working and I am sure the other tech is not going to provide it at this point.

Thanks

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Ok...semi-easy part...

You can use a standard laptop hard drive. If you look at the setup instructions I posted earlier, you will see there is a special mounting bracket and right angle plug. Its been a very long time since I looked at one of these, but I am assuming you could likely get away with a special ribbon connector to connect between the board and the hard disk instead of the molded plastic thing shown in the manual. It is possible someone could sell you this install kit minus the drive and you can get one yourself. Because of the age of this series machine however, I am uncertain what the maximum drive size is for this. A slightly newer C350 can handle 160Gb for certain, but this...not sure if there is an upper cylinder limit (old PC issue) that restricted drives to below 132Gb. You might have to make the ribbon cable connector custom. But it should work in a pinch. Mounting might be another isssue.

As for the scanning, good to see we have that part dealt with.

There is a specific way to create the scan to ftp buttons. Basically you need to create the ftp port itself separate from the scan buttons and then through the scan buttons use that ftp tunnel to send your file to a specific directory on that ftp.

The user manual can be found through this link, the manual on the bottom of the page, to download, click the blue icon on the right side of the page.

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase

See attached images for the specifics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Technician
    Thanks again for all of the good info. I did set up the FTP functions already as detailed above but will try again tomorrow, maybe with another FTP server software - Another thread discussed a user having issues getting TypsoftFTP to work with a Cf3202 but it worked with Quick n easy FtP, so that could be my issue as well, as it is communication with the ftp but the job is not finishing.

Regarding the hard drive, I had heard you could use a laptop drive . . . I will figure this one out.

I am really thankful for all of your help . . .

Funny that one thing that is so often overlooked is that windows has a built in FTP server. Go into add/remove programs, select "Add/remove windows components" Place a check mark beside "Internet Information Services (IIS)" and click ok. You will be prompted to insert the windows cd. After a short while, IIS will be installed. It has a web host, so you could literally set up your own website locally on your computer and browse to it through your local network. FTP also comes with that. No need to buy anything. And as long as the pc is behind a router and separate from the net, it is secure.

Hell, even Windows 7 comes with it.

There is some reading involved...actually, quite a bit...IIS FTP is by no means simple, but once it is set up, it will function quite well to your needs.

Speaking of firewall, this may be your problem on the PC you are trying to scan to. To verify, disable the firewall on that PC and try a scan.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Technician
    I got the scanning to FTP working. I ended up ditching typsoftFTP and switched to Quick N easy FTP and got it working no problem. As you said it parses out multipage documents into separate files because of the missing harddrive, but at least its scanning now - Cool

I have now been working on getting the scan to email function going but not sure if its possibey since we are not on an exchange email server(We use outside pop3 mail- Yahoo Business Mail). I contacted my ISP provider(AT&T) and obtained alternate smtp setting for our DSL account that aren't using SSL or authentication but it doesn't seem to work. I am starting to think it cannot be used with outside servers since most of them have security to protect against spam etc and the CF2002 doesn't let you set up those options(SSL etc). Is there any other option, such as a way to set up a small smpt server on our internal network, or another outside(preferably free) email service that would work for this - We are really just trying to scan to email accounts within our company.

Good show!!!

Having no direct experience with AT&T, I cannot advise what you may need to do.

However. In your network settings for the copier, you will need to set the DNS entries that will allow the machine to look outside your network. Taking an assumption, you are connected to your DSL modem via a router or switch. Usually the switch will provide DHCP information it obtains from the DSL modem back to your computers on the network, the DNS entries as part of this. Though DNS is primarily Domain Name related, the entries allow the computers to access the internet through the router without any issues.

The copier however works using TCP/IP values, which typically doesn't need DNS, yet the machine is dependent on this anyway.

You can web into your router to glean this information from the WAN tables, or in some cases depending on your network setup, you can get this info from a DOS prompt.

From the start menu, click "Run" and type in cmd and press enter. A command prompt will open. In this window, type in "ipconfig /all" (without the quotes) and press enter.

You should get a response back that will show you your network connection settings as they currently are. Again, depending on your computer, the results of the returned information vary. See attached for what I see with my setup. In my case, only names for the DNS search were provided. Other computers will show the numerical DNS entries, depending on the OS.

Basically, make sure the subnet mask and gateway address is identical to your network. DNS settings should be set to your ISPs entries.

If they give you a name address, you need the numerical equivalent in the email transmit entry. You do not need to set the receive entry, you can use a loopback of 127.0.0.1 there. You will need to set the administrator address and copier address fields. For the moment, set the copier to your address. Depending on your setup, you may need to set the authentication information, meaning a user name and password...again, use your email name and email password for this while testing.

As before, refer to your manuals on how to set these items up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ---Groucho Marx

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Help with CF2002

Well done! Thank you for sharing the conclusion with us.

Turn out, although I'm quite familiar with the main body itself (the Konica version), I know nothing of the Minolta controller.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Technician
    From my router I have 2 DNS entries(1 and 2) and a Default Gateway address, as well is an IP address(Which would change because I am on a dynamic IP) but not sure which I should be using and where on the CF2002.

Under the network menu of the CF2002, Under TCP/ IP, I have IP address(Which I have set to 192.168.1.25 to designate the copier on my network), Subnet Mask(set to 255.255.0.0), and Gateway Address which was originally set to the routers address of 192.168.1.1, but I tried substituting one of the DNS entries and then the default Gateway address from the router, but no Joy. Am I entering in the right information at the right place.
    Last edited by Guitarist69; 01-21-2010 at 09:14 PM.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    Ok...semi-easy part...

You can use a standard laptop hard drive. If you look at the setup instructions I posted earlier, you will see there is a special mounting bracket and right angle plug. Its been a very long time since I looked at one of these, but I am assuming you could likely get away with a special ribbon connector to connect between the board and the hard disk instead of the molded plastic thing shown in the manual. It is possible someone could sell you this install kit minus the drive and you can get one yourself. Because of the age of this series machine however, I am uncertain what the maximum drive size is for this. A slightly newer C350 can handle 160Gb for certain, but this...not sure if there is an upper cylinder limit (old PC issue) that restricted drives to below 132Gb. You might have to make the ribbon cable connector custom. But it should work in a pinch. Mounting might be another isssue.

I bought a 30gb hard drive(Didn't want to go too big for compatibility issues) and made a mounting bracket so I am all set on that end.

But the connector is causing me problems. since the connector on the board is 44 pin laptop IDE as well as what's on the laptop drive(Not using the 4 pins for jumpers) I thought a simple connector would work, so I tracked one down online, but it doesn't appear to be a direct pin to pin configuration as I am getting a C12CO error now, which is communication failure between PWB-F and HD. Without the actual original connector as a guide, i can't determine the pin lineup. Does anybody have access to one to figure out or have just the connector to sell.

I am soo close yet so far . . .

On C350 series machines, a simple ribbon cable was the interface between the board and the drive.

In the case of the 2002, that interface was a right angle connector.

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, there is no pinout diagram for that interface. Perhaps someone else might have one, I am not sure.
    ---Groucho Marx